• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Electrolux Fridge EI32AR80QSG HI Temp Warning

Kanger

Premium Member
Model Number
EI32AR80QSG
Brand
Electrolux
Hi there, new to this forum... i have fridge warning light come on showing 15C. a few weeks ago it was slightly freezing some items, so i set it to 6C and seem to be ok. warning came on yesterday, so i left it shut overnight and is showing 14C this morning.
tested a glass of water left in it also to confirms it is actually at 14C. not sure what to test from here. this a unit is a fridge unit only and is going to be a pain to pull out from enclosed cabinet and frame(trying to avoid it .... if possible) fridge is only 3yrs old.

* Model number corrected

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
is going to be a pain to pull out from enclosed cabinet

That's too bad because their are only minimal things to check from the front, running of the evaporator fan motor and the frost pattern on evaporator coil.

The other things needing checking (the condenser, condenser fan motor and compressor) are at the rear. First might be cleaning the condenser and confirming operation of the condenser fan motor.

The following link describe the most common possibilities.

LINK > Applaince411: FAQ: My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

Dan O.

Kanger

Premium Member
Dan thanks, for the link will read thru and try them first...
worst case got to take off the trim kit and pull out the fridge :)... was hoping there was a self diagnostic test possible from the control panel like some fridges i have been reading online about.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
was hoping there was a self diagnostic test possible from the control panel like some fridges

If there were, the instructions would be in the unit's 'tech sheet' which accompanies its wiring diagram. I don't see a tech sheet listed for that model only a wiring diagram.

You can try to find the tech sheet/wiring diagram in the appliance itself. It can be rolled up inside the kickplate or under the cabinet behind the kickplate. It is sometimes on the back.

Dan O.

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I believe that is a I in the model number not a L: Here is the tech sheet!

Attachments

• EI32AR80QSG Refrigerator Service Data Sheet 297299900.pdf
    288.4 KB · Views: 28

Kanger

Premium Member
I believe that is a I in the model number not a L: Here is the tech sheet!

Yes sir, u were correct i assumed it was L for LUX !! the diagnostic showed everything working... so there is a panel on the inside bottom of fridge i will get off tonight to see if i can see anything from there.
thx for the input, will get at once i get back from work tonight.

1661190353089.jpeg

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
That's great bigbuck. Hopefully it will allow them to test some of the functioning without removing it from its enclosure.

If the fans and compressor are running but it is not cooling sufficiently, checking the frosting of the evaporator would likely be next.

Dan O.

Kanger

Premium Member
update :evaporator, checked out ok...just a bit of frosting... melt working. i then PULLED the unit out of the enclosed cabinetry ... compressor checked out(ohm test) , start relay checked out. did amp draw on start up...was only .1AMPs!
leading me to think i might have a gas leak, which is above my pay grade. so contact a service tech... he reviewed my tests over the phone and said to check my manual because he believed" the sealed system "is covered a 5year warranty(fridge is only 3yrs old) for Electrolux , not the 1 year i thought.
so contacted Electrolux, they said yes, sealed is 5 years and will schedule a tech to come take a look. Now i guess i will let the professionals handle it.... will update on what happens.
PS Dan, Bigbuck TY for the guidance and assistance

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
checked out ok...just a bit of frosting...

The evaporator is supposed to have a thin layer of frost across its whole surface when it is running and correctly. Excessive frost or incomplete frosting are signs of different problems.

will schedule a tech to come take a look.

A technician is likely needed at this point. Let us know how you make out.

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.