• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Electrolux ICON Range E48DF76EPS Won't turn on - lights flicker

dammad

Premium Member
Model Number
E48DF76EPS
Brand
Electrolux
I've got a Electrolux | ICON Professional E48DF76EPS from 2010 Side-by-side that was working fine, but with one oven on let out a pop and then lost heat and power. I've opened it up, but there are no obvious problems internally. The oven appears to have two very similar Spitfire boards inside and each of the ovens has its own board, controls, power. None of the capacitors on either board looks at all distressed, but neither oven (nor the electric lighter) works. If I turn on either oven, no lights or heat comes on. It I turn on either oven light, the controls flash accompanied by a clicking noise. This seems strange to me, because it is was one of the oven control boards then I'd expect the other oven to continue working. The only slightly distressed item I could see was that one wiring hassle was over the top of a heat vent and looks to have gotten hot for the smaller oven (see picture). The isolation while charred has not melted and I see no short circuit.

I've tested voltages and find power on the Red connections (like P11 and P13 on the diagram below), but for black I have power on P15, but not on P1. This is true on both ovens and seems odd, but I can see no reason for it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1626652366688.png

Attachments

• IMG_1740.JPG
    IMG_1740.JPG
    657.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1742.JPG
    IMG_1742.JPG
    450 KB · Views: 31

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Measure the voltage across the black wire and the red wire where it says "LOW VOLTAGE CABLE" on the top right of the diagram next to the blower motor. If you have 220 VAC, measure the voltage across P1 (black) and P13 (red) on the board.

dammad

Premium Member
Thanks for the feedback. Across both the LOW VOLTAGE and P1 and P13 it is only 120V. So I guess something chewed thru a wire under my house.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Try resetting your circuit breakers. Do you have the rest of the wiring schematic?

dammad

Premium Member
Just to close the thread, my power line had been chewed thru. Fixed it up and the range is working fine again. Thanks!