• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Electrolux Icon Refrigerator E42BS75EPS - water dispenser drips

Status
Not open for further replies.

prt

Premium Member
Model Number
E42BS75EPS
Brand
Electrolux
Hi there - The water dispenser on my Electrolux Icon E42BS75EPS built-in refrigerator won't shot off properly - it's dripping continuously. Did my initial research, including reading through many of the posts on this site - the solution may be to replace the water inlet valve? Looked up part number 5304449070, turns out it is no longer manufactured or available. A call to Electrolux/Frigidaire confirmed that as well. Your thoughts on next steps would be much appreciated.

prt

Premium Member
After my above post, something told me to take a quick look at the gear on top of the refrigerator...... Might this be part of the issue or a different problem? The snapped line on the top right of the picture goes to the bottom port on the far left. Either way, how to best repair the line?

Attachments

• Fridge.jpg
    Fridge.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 49

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I see that white water line tubing with a clean cut in it.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
You can see the tubing you need #1083 is No Longer Available.

So you will need to get plastic water line tubing at any hardware store. Its either 1/4" or 5/16" diameter.

Jake

prt

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Much appreciated. Got the water line patched up this afternoon with a straight connector, however, the drips resumed as soon as I turned the water back on again to the refrigerator. I can hear the valve clicking each time I press the water dispenser, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the amount of water that's coming through at the dispenser. Thoughts given that the valve part has been discontinued?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, if its still dripping the only solution is to replace the water inlet valve:
5304449069 Valve

If you're not able to get it because of it being continually out-of-stock or No Longer Available, then its best to take it to your local appliance parts store and see if they can match it up with a universal one.

Jake

prt

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Updates on both of my issues: (1) Broken water line – Repaired. Replaced a small section with a new line. (2) Water dispenser drip – Repaired. Replaced the water inlet valve with the part number that you posted. Working well now, no leaks. Thank you for your expert advice. Much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @prt glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed the water dispenser drip.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.