• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Electrolux oven broiler element goes on after oven is at selected temperature

H in OH

Model Number
EW30IS65JSC
Brand
Electrolux
The broiler element goes on and stays on after the oven reaches the selected temperature.
The control panel does not show any temperature higher than its target setting. I can see the temperature keeps going up using an oven thermometer on a rack.
The control panel does not display that the broiler is on, although the broiler element is glowing red.

The oven temperature probe tests with a 1079 Ohm resistance at room temperature.
The old oven relay board had a burned out resistor (as in black, charred and exploded). I replaced it with a new relay board.
I replaced the control panel with a spare on hand.

The problem persists that the broiler element comes on and stays on even when the controller does not appear to think it is on. Am I to just assume that the new oven relay board has a defective broiler relay, or is there something else in this oven that can be leading to this failure?

Thanks,
--H

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if the oven sensor is good, then the control board is the part it can be to cause this problem.

Look here:

And here:

Here's the relay board for your model that controls the broil:
316443916 Board

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.