Electrolux - Platinum Star extended warranty - yay or nay?

pezzy669

Premium Member
Model Number
EFLS617STT
Brand
Electrolux
Hey all - new poster here so trying to obtain some opinions and general reliability experiences with Electrolux front load washer (EFLS617STT) and dryer (EFME617STT) that I purchased ~11 months ago so I am now getting the Electrolux promo mailings to extend the warranty for another 3 years.

I already have the complimentary 2 year extension for parts only from registering my machines within 60 days of purchase so the added coverage would add labor back on to the next 2 years then parts and labor for the 4th year. For the 3 year plan they want ~$325 for both machines which seems to be a pretty darn good deal to me as that could easily be eaten up by the labor from like 3 service calls (lets say $100/hour).

I have not had any real issues with either machine aside from the washer seal leaking on occasion after washing pet beds because of the amount of pet hair leftover in the seal but that is easily remedied by a wipe down of the seal and a few runs of the 15 minute wash cycle to clear out the excess pet hair.

Anyhow I just wanted to see if anyone has had these model machines for quite a bit longer than my 11 months as I understand they were released I think in 2016 so there should be some reaching 3 years old by now or should I just pull the trigger and get the extended warranty?

Thank you!

Adam

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Adam,

How often do you use the washer and dryer? Daily? Many Times a day? If so, then yes I recommend you getting it.:)

Also since these machines has many control boards in them that go sour quite often, I'd also recommend it too.

But only get it from Electrolux, NOT a third party warranty company.:)

Jake

pezzy669

Premium Member
It's 3-4x per week at most, I would say I average ~8-10 wash loads per month. Gets the clean washer mode ~1x per month with vinegar in place of bleach, don't use bleach too often.

The warranty is definitely the "Platinum Star" warranty through Electrolux with no deductible and has a replacement clause where they probably have some internal financial algorithm where they will just replace the machine with the latest similar model if they can't repair the current machine. It almost seems too good to be true to have a full 4 year bumper to bumper warranty (from both machines) for ~$325 for both machines but I confirmed the price on Electrolux website after I received the mailing so it seems legit.

On a side note they are amazing machines to say the least, glad I was forced to spend a few hundred extra $ vs getting Samsung machines. The openings could not accommodate Samsung or LG machines because of side clearance requirements (.5" on each side), Electrolux is one of very very few that allowed 0" side clearance.

Thanks Jake for your input and recommend!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Adam.:)

Both machines are touchpad electronic models with many circuit boards in them, so Its best to get it, especially if you don't have a home whole surge protector.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the small ones will work as long as the power surge or power spike isn't too strong.

Jake