• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Electrolux Refrigerator EI27BS26JS3 Fridge section going too cold

corner27

Model Number
EI27BS26JS3
Brand
Electrolux
I picked up a second hand fridge for cheap because the fridge was going below freezing from time to time. That's all the info I got on it. I have it plugged in and sure enough even though it's set to 4c, it was at -1c this morning.
I've read a few things about the damper and the thermistor. I'm assuming the damper should be closed. What is the diagnostic procedure to test the thermistor?

Any other troubleshooting steps I can do?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its best to manually ohm test the Fresh Food Temperature sensor(thermistor) with a multimeter.

Place the Fresh Food Temperature sensor is a small glass and fill it with crushed ice. Add enough water to cover the Fresh Food Temperature sensor. Then wait at least 5 minutes. This should bring the temperature of the Fresh Food Temperature sensor very close to 32*F-33*F. At 33*F the Fresh Food Temperature sensor should measure 31,658 ohms. At 32*F the Fresh Food Temperature sensor should measure 32,566 ohms (+ or - 2%). Your Fresh Food Temperature sensor should be between 31.6K and 32.5K ohms.

Here's the Fresh Food Temperature sensor for your model you can order, if yours ohm tests bad:
Thermistor 240597203

Here's the video to access/replace both of them:

I'm assuming the damper should be closed.
Correct.

If the thermistor ohm tests good, then its possibly the damper.

Here's the air-damper for your model:
Damper Control Assembly 241518501

Here's the video to access/replace it: Frigidaire Refrigerator Damper Control Assembly Video

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.