• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Electrolux Refrigerator EI28BS56IS5 not cold, freezer fine.

George454

Premium Member
I too am having a problem with my freezer working fine but the frig being too warm . We have replaced the evap fan 4/21 as well as the motherboard 7/30/21.
The code was reading SY EF 2 days ago which the last time was a bad evaporator fan . We have replaced the evaporator fan and still the fan is not working . The appliance repair guy wants to trouble shoot by replacing parts randomly . After doing a diagnostic test it was concluded that the damper was working when told to however with the fan still not coming on it is not working properly. Is there anything else we should consider replacing as this is getting costly . I see post stating thermistor could be the problem .It is an Electrolux Refrigerator model EI28BS56IS5. Please help .....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, this is very simple. You will need a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts at the evaporator fan motor while the refrigerator is ON and RUNNING.

If you don't see 120 volts on the meter, then it CAN ONLY be the control board that's the culprit. I know you said you already replaced it but it failed, and you'd to contact the place where you got it from and see if there is a warranty on it.

All parts you order from our site come with a 365 warranty.

Here's the control board for your model:
5304478376 Board-Switch

Jake

George454

Premium Member
Good afternoon Jake,

We did replace the control board last night along with the new evaporator fan . The fan is working however the frig is still @ 75. Any other trouble shooting we can do ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What's the freezer temperature?

Get a freezer thermometer and put it in the freezer and tell us what it reads after 2 hours. Because the refrigerator side gets its cold air from the freezer fan blowing it through the damper to the refrigerator side.

If the freezer temperature is below 10 degrees, then that's good.

Next check the damper to see if its clogged with frost or ice.

Watch this video to access it:

Jake

Last edited: