• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Electrolux Refrigerator EI28BS65KS4 no power to water dispenser.

max57

Premium Member
Model Number
EI28BS65KS4
Brand
Electrolux
Hi , I have a Electrolux EI28BS65KS4 fridge that does not dispense water when the door water dispenser is pressed. I unplugged the connector to the yellow solenoid and I see 1-2V when pressing the water door pedal. I understand the voltage to the solenoid comes from the main board, but I don't have the wiring diagram to know when to check for power to the solenoid. can you guys help?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

max57

Premium Member
question , if the board is bad, shouldn't the dispenser lever will fail for all dispenser arm functions?
in my case the dispenser lever works fine to activate the Cube & Crushed Ice. functions?
BTW, I did go to TEST 8 in diagnostics and no water was dispensed.

Can you please explain how it work.? ,
the way I understand it is this way, when the dispenser lever is pressed 120VAC is sent to the main water valve via a diode and the NEUTRAL is already supplied to the valve ,correct?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
question , if the board is bad, shouldn't the dispenser lever will fail for all dispenser arm functions?
No, that's on a different circuit.

The YELLOW solenoid on your water inlet valve is the one that goes to the water dispenser. Just check for 120 volts at the electrical connectors to the YELLOW one when in TEST 8.

You will need a multimeter to volt test.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
242253002 Valve-Water

How to use a multimeter to test video.

Jake

max57

Premium Member
I checked the voltage at the Yellow solenoid wire when in TEST 8 and I didn't get 120V. I did test the yellow solenoid with 120 and it works fine.
I purchased the main board, UnlimitedApplianceParts , in Jan/2022 and they won't replaced or repair it.
what else can I test to confirm it is the main control board?
could it be a problem with the Ice and water module. ?
what generates the signal out of the main board (J3-pin7 )to the Yellow solenoid?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its the main control board that's bad.

I purchased the main board, UnlimitedApplianceParts , in Jan/2022 and they won't replaced or repair it.
That sucks.

AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic Always has a 365 day warranty on ALL parts.

what else can I test to confirm it is the main control board?
Nothing.

could it be a problem with the Ice and water module. ?
No, because TEST 8 bypasses that.

what generates the signal out of the main board (J3-pin7 )to the Yellow solenoid?
Look at your wiring diagram, where it says ICE and WATER MODULE, you see +12 VOLTS DC to the FLAPPER and PADDLE MICROSWITCH, That's where.:)

Jake

max57

Premium Member
sorry , I want to understand how the signal travel from the paddle switch to the main control board.
so,I located the Ice&water module 6pins plug behind the UI panel.
i connected voltmeter to pin3&4 and pin 1&6 and i measured 15V and 0V
when the paddle pressed i measure 0 at pin3&4 and 15V at 1&6 (LED's power)
Is that the voltage that goes to the main control voltage to the 120V relay that activate the water valve?
also, I noticed a relay in the dispenser module right next to the paddle micro-switch, does this relay need to be tested. ?

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
i connected voltmeter to pin3&4 and pin 1&6 and i measured 15V and 0V
when the paddle pressed i measure 0 at pin3&4 and 15V at 1&6 (LED's power)
Is that the voltage that goes to the main control voltage to the 120V relay that activate the water valve?
That is correct. So the main control board is the problem.

also, I noticed a relay in the dispenser module right next to the paddle micro-switch, does this relay need to be tested. ?
No.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.