• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Electrolux Refrigerator EW23BC71IS3 condenser fan no power

reoman

Premium Member
Model Number
EW23BC71IS3
Brand
Electrolux
Do to ice storm and generator that was putting out to much and voltage inverter board was blown. replaced inverter and compressor would not start did the voltage tests on wires going to inverter board dc voltage was low at 3 volts and on same wires ac was at 14 volts the blue and white conn. was good at 120 volts.

Replaced the Motherboard the compressor will now start but condenser fan will not come on. which wire the blue or red is the hot on the condenser fan? for testing purposes. Also does the motherboard send the 120 volts to the fan or does it get its power else where. any help would be appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Red wire to the condenser fan motor is HOT.

If your not getting 120 volts to the condenser fan motor while the compressor is running, then your motherboard is the problem.

Here's the main control board(motherboard) for your model:
5304478375 Board-Switch

Here's the condenser fan motor for your model:
297279500 Condenser Fan Motor

Jake

reoman

Premium Member
hi jake so the motherboard is brand new . I reinstalled the old motherboard with same results compressor comes on but not the condenser fan. what pins would i check on motherboard to do hard verification for no voltage present to fan. one other ? what is proper way to test fan is the blue wire the hot or the red wire the fan is 120v right?. thanks for the help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You must of got a bad motherboard, or you have a loose or broken wire between the motherboard and the condenser fan motor, that's all it can be.

J2-1 and J1-4 on the motherboard powers the condenser fan motor.

I'm attaching the wiring diagram below for your model.

Jake

Attachments

• 242047000.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 78

reoman

Premium Member
thanks jake it appears that the fan was damage at the same from the generator didn't catch it it was dead shorted so when i put ..in the new motherboard you know what happen. when the power was turn on it damage the board . thanks again for your input! new ordered again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, glad you found the problem.(y)

Jake