• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Electrolux Refrigerator EW23CS65GS1 Water Dispenser Intermittently Sticks Open

tfresquez

Premium Member
Model Number
EW23CS65GS1
Brand
Electrolux
The water dispenser has started to intermittently stick open. It happens perhaps every 10 times. When this happens, the water continues to run for about 5-10 seconds before it shuts off.

I have read in forums that it could be the water valve, the door dispenser unit, the microswitch or the main control board. From what I have read, a bad water valve seems to cause the water dispenser to turn on by itself, which is not what is happening. I am unsure which part would be the most likely to be casing this problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, It's usually the dispenser module assembly that is the culprit for your situation.

Here's the dispenser module assembly for your model you can order:
242100018 Module-Dispenser

This gives you the general idea of how to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

tfresquez

Premium Member
I replaced the dispenser module assembly, which appears to have addressed the issue. The only issue I am having now that I did not have before is that I get 4 of 5 drips of water after I dispense water. This creates an annoying puddle in the tray which then runs down the door. I removed the control panel to observe the water in the tube. After dispensing water, there is an air bubble which starts at the opening of the tube and makes its way up the tube. I have tried running the water longer to see if the bubble returns, and it always does.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I replaced the dispenser module assembly, which appears to have addressed the issue.
Excellent.(y)

The only issue I am having now that I did not have before is that I get 4 of 5 drips of water after I dispense water. This creates an annoying puddle in the tray which then runs down the door. I removed the control panel to observe the water in the tube. After dispensing water, there is an air bubble which starts at the opening of the tube and makes its way up the tube.
Remove the water line tube before it goes into the freezer door and then get something to catch water in and press the water dispenser lever and that should hopefully remove the air bubble.

Jake

tfresquez

Premium Member
I tried that , but the problem still persist. I only filled a cookie sheet with water. I don't know if I need to run more water through.

tfresquez

Premium Member
I think I may have fixed the problem! I pushed the end of the water tube further into the holder that holds the end of the tube. I actually pushed the end of the tube very slightly past the holder. So far this seems to have corrected the issue. I think there may have been some capillary action between the tube and the holder that was drawing water out of the tube when the tube was not extending beyond the holder.

Thank you for your suggestions and the time you have taken to help me.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.