• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Electrolux Washer EFLS527UTT0 leaking at bottom of the door

jackching

Premium Member
Model Number
EFLS527UTT0
Brand
Electrolux
During most of the cycle, my electrolux washer has a leak from the bottom of the door. I notice when it's locked that there's some play with the door but it may have always been like that. It's about 3 years old and averaged about 2 loads a day. There was some silt build up on the door where it closes against the rubber. I cleaned that off but it didnt seem to fix anything.

jackching

Premium Member
So i noticed that the latch that the door lock hooks into was loose. There are only two screws holding it on and the bottom screw is stripped. The threads are made of plastic so im not really sure on how to go about fixing it. The hole may have to be filled with a certain type of glue then make a new hole.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You mean the screws that mount into the door lock switch to hold it in place on the front panel?

Replacing the door lock switch with a new one should fix it:
Door Lock Switch 5304514774

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

jackching

Premium Member
So i got the door latch tightened but when its running through a cycle, i can pull on the door slightly and it seems like there's 3/8" to 1/2" of play. Can the lock mechanism get wore. It seems like too much play to me. It is still leaking.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can the lock mechanism get wore. It seems like too much play to me. It is still leaking.
You bet it can get worn out and become loose, I'd replace it as well if I was you.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.