• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Error F03/E01 Whirlpool Front Load Washer

samanthad

For everyone with a front load Whirlpool washer. I found that if I allow the washer to cycle with error code F03/E01 all day that eventually the remaining water may pump out over time. If you are able to turn off the unit without unplugging, the pump will continue operating because the unit still senses water level in the tub.

samanthad

When you turn off the unit normally and unplug it let the unit sit for an hour. The sensors may still detect water and want to run the pump before unlocking the door. When the unit is plugged in, it may pump for a while and trigger the error code just allow it to cycle and reach a point where it will stop on its own and unlock the door.

samanthad

The way I over road the issue with water not pumping was to first apply what many have recommended. Clean the filter trap below. etc.

I attach my small shop vac with a slightly larger diameter to the drain port. I removed the rubber elbow connector to the drain hose. When the unit goes into the drain mode after it is turned off and only the red door lock is lit while the low humming sound of the pump is present.

I turned on the shop vac for a few seconds where some water will suck out and after a short period the pump will sense a dry run and turn off while unlocking the door.

Then, I passed a degreaser into the soap tray and rain the clean unit cycle where the dial points down.

This allowed it to cycle with no clothing and turn off. Even if F06 or F09 is the 2nd error code do the same. Vacuum the drain port to help remove the water.

I will add a split hose where I close the open end. When I need to suck the water at the end, I can put it in the open end without having to disconnect anything.

At least, this will work until the real issue is repaired. I start with the simple issue. If you can remove the water and it operated like normal, then it may not be a board or an electric issue. It might not be a pressure sensor issue if it can sense an empty tub. I might be a hose configuration issue or a damaged tube or perhaps the air tube. but something less costly.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.