ERSD48 Dacor 48" Dual Fuel Clock and Control Panel Resets Every Few Minutes

matthewgerards

Premium Member
Model Number
ERSD48
Brand
I am guessing on the age. I just purchased it and hooked it up today.

The Control Panel is resetting every few minutes. I first noticed it when I turned both ovens on to blast out some of the dust. I was waiting for the heat to start to rise when the panel went blank, and after a few seconds the time reappeared flashing. I reset the clock to the current time. The clock did the same thing a few minutes later when neither of the stoves were running.

Where do I start in troubleshooting this?

jackofalltrades

Appliance Tech
Sounds like you are loosing power intermittently.
If the unit is hardwired make sure the connections at the terminal block in the oven are secure and tight. If you are using a plug and receptacle connection check the contacts inside the receptacle . They should not be brown and burned. The pins on the plug should not be brown.
Next would be to check the breaker. They go bad but you would need an electrician for that. If all these thinks check ok there is probably a fault in the electronics. Power to the control panel is being interrupted intermittently

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Power to the control panel is being interrupted intermittently
You're probably correct except it's most likely being interrupted internally on the control panel(Membrane). If you have a 120 VAC at the control, tap on the board with your finger and see if the display goes blank.

62310 Membrane
dacor-membrane-62310-ap3391823_01_m.jpg

matthewgerards

Premium Member
Clearly I am lost in this. On the advice of a local appliance repair person I sent the Dacor 62680 to CoreCentric to have it repaired. I hooked it back up today and the display is still dark even though the buttons respond to touch and the oven will kick on if I press "Bake" twice on either oven.

I am guessing that an power to the membrane is power to everything but I do not know if that is fair. Meaning, is it possible that only the LED display is not getting power even though the buttons are responding to touch?

Forgive me. It is possible that these steps are already listed above but if that is the case I just am not able to follow.

matthewgerards

Premium Member
Further, there is a three pronged receiver on the backside of the 62680 that I could not find a matching plug for. I don't remember if there was one attached there in the first place.

Also, the receipt from CoreCentric says "please check your power relay board". There are two relay boards listed as replacement parts. How would I know which one it is and is there a way for me to confirm this? They are $100-300 each and I don't want to get it wrong.

rickgburton

Staff member
You'll need to pull the old board and check the number on it. I want to be sure I'm following you correctly and I don't know what this says:
matthewgerards said:
......I am guessing that an power to the membrane is power to everything but I do not know if that is fair.
So...everything works except the display? Is that correct?

matthewgerards

Premium Member
This is the part I had repaired: https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/62680/755673 . CoreCentric is the place that repaired the oven control board 62680 for me. The three pronged plug at the top middle of the second photo is the one I cannot find something to attach to it.

And yes. It seems like everything is working except for any of the display, but it is hard to verify since I cannot tell what oven setting it is set on or the temp. Is it possible that only the display is not receiving power even though all the buttons seem to be receiving power?

rickgburton

Staff member
The three pronged plug at the top middle of the second photo is the one I cannot find something to attach to it.
Sorry, I don't see it. I see a 2 pin connector for the oven sensor in the middle of the board. At least I believe it's for the oven sensor. On some dacor machines the oven sensor is the 2 white wires in the J4-5 and J4-8 connector. I can't see any of the connector labeling on the picture and I don't have a wiring diagram for that model. Look on the main relay board for J1 (14 pin connector). It connects to the display board J2 (16 pin connector). This is the low voltage cable for the display.
62680 board.jpg

Is it possible that only the display is not receiving power even though all the buttons seem to be receiving power?
It's possible. The buttons are basically momentary on-off switches with diodes attached to them. The membrane switch has two keytail connectors so I believe the smaller one is for input voltage from the relay board to the membrane switch and the larger one is possibly input voltage from the relay board to the display. To be perfectly honest with you without a wiring diagram it's part guessing on my part. If you can post a copy of your tech sheet and wire diagram it would be very helpful. Dacor is not a popular brand in my area so I haven't seen to many. I've been looking online for the tech sheet but so far no go.