• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Estate made by Whirlpool ice maker leaking

lsunderman

Premium Member
Model Number
TS25AFXKQ03
Brand
Estate
Our ice maker has suddenly started leaking water when it goes to fill the ice tray. After having it off and cleaning out all ice that formed, turning it back on and watching the water come out, it runs down the filler tube but seems to be blocked and just flows down into the bottom of the fridge. I don't feel a blockage and if i add water to the filler tube with a medicine dropper slowly, it goes into the ice tray perfectly fine. It almost seems like the water is flowing out too fast?

Thank you, ahead of time, for your help!

Lisa

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The fill tube is adjustable, is it sitting in the holder OK, or is there any ice build up in the fill tube?

lsunderman

Premium Member
There is and was no ice build up in the fill tube. It seems to be in the correct position from what I can see and feel and since water running down the filler tube slowly does go into the ice tray fine.

rickgburton

Staff member
There is and was no ice build up in the fill tube.
??

It seems to be in the correct position from what I can see and feel and since water running down the filler tube slowly does go into the ice tray fine.
So water is filling the ice maker and leaking from where it fills?

lsunderman

Premium Member
If I allow the water to come out on its own on the timer, water never gets into the ice maker, it seems like it's blocked from going into the ice maker and leaks from the bottom of the fill tube. But if I place water into the top of the fill tube using a dropper, slowly, it does go into the ice maker.

rickgburton

Staff member
I'm sorry I'm just not following you. Can you take a picture of where it's leaking and post it here?

Ghop

I'm having the same problem.
Refrigerator is a Whirlpool Estate Series
Model TS25AFXKQ03
Serial # SR4453700
Mfg Date 11-04
Freon R134a

When the water kicks on to fill the ice tray, very little makes it into the ice tray itself. Most of it seems to hit a blockage, overflow the chute the water runs down and run down and drip from the tube where the tube enters the ice tray.
I'm not sure, but when we left the home for an extended period, we shut of the water to the house. I neglected to lift the arm so it would stop making ice. Upon return, the refrigerator fill line running up the rear of the refrigerator came out of entry point fitting on the back, spewing water all over. I re-secured it and used a clamp to hold it in place. The ice maker still would not work, so I started a process to narrow down the problem. The ejector fingers rotate and work fine. When I pour a little water in the ice tray, it freezes and ejects it properly. Now the water is trying to fill it and it runs over making a frozen mess in the freezer.

Any suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Seen this happen before on my service calls, first check where your fill tube where it comes in from the back inside your freezer and make sure its in the fill cup properly.

The fill cup is #22 here: Icemaker Parts, Optional Parts parts for Estate TS25AFXKQ03

Also remove the ice maker and look inside your fill cup, I've seen bits of ice get clogged in that fill cup and cause the fill water to leak and run down like you mentioned above.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
Whirlpool W10190965 Icemaker - AppliancePartsPros.com

There is a video in that link to show you how to remove your ice maker.

Jake