Estate washer tripping GFCI

Wastelander29@gmail.com

Premium Member
My estate washer has been working good till this morning. I went down stairs and noticed the water in the washer did not drain. I checked around and noticed that the GFCI had been triped. So I pushed the button back in and it triped again. I put the control selector to the off position and plugged it in and it still triped. I plugged it into a different GFCI in the adjacent bathroom and that tripped too. I plugged it into the utility room without a GFCI without a GFCI via a extension cord and it ran normal. My guess is that there is something wrong with the washer but I’m not sure. And this GFCI outlet line has worked for years without a problem.

Any suggestions? And what could be causing it to trip even in the off position?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I plugged it into the utility room without a GFCI without a GFCI via a extension cord and it ran normal. My guess is that there is something wrong with the washer but I’m not sure. And this GFCI outlet line has worked for years without a problem.

Any suggestions? And what could be causing it to trip even in the off position?
Hi,

If it works fine plugged into a NON-GFCI outlet, then the problem is your GFCI circuit in your home, you'll need to have a electrician come out to fix that.

All home appliance are suppose to be plugged into NON-GFCI outlets to begin with, it states that in your installation manual.:)

Jake

Wastelander29@gmail.com

Premium Member
If it has worked for 15 years no problem and the dryer doesn’t trip it why would it be the GFCI outlet? It would seem that something would of changed with the washer to make it trip. Nothing else is making it trip? Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
True it can work fine for 15 years on the GFCI then the GFCI can just go bad out of the blue, that's why all washing machine installation instructions say to plug it in a normal wall outlet.

Post your model number and I will show you that in writing.:)

The model number tag is located under the lid.

Jake