david.martins

Premium Member
Model Number
EW28BS71
Brand
Electrolux
The Ice Maker is currently in:
NO ICE - Mold in Freeze (LEFT) position and no water or ice in mold
Ice Maker (Finger Evaporator Fresh Food Compartment) - Flow Chart No Ice #3 - per service manual

I have run all of the diagnostics and also replace the Water Inlet Valve with the Genuine Electrolux #242252702

This is the only diagnostic that did not complete as per the instructions in the service manual.

Test 60C: “Freeze” Limit Switch Test(See Flow Chart Test #60C)
Interactive test with audio.Upon entering the test, ice mold position is checked. If is not already in the “Fill” position the mold is driven to the “Fill” position. The Freezer display will show the current status of the “Freeze” limit switch, which should be “OFF”. Remove the ice maker cover for better switch access. Activate the switch manually to observe the “on” status displayed on Freezer display and hear the audio alarm (See test 58C). Release the switch and display will change to ‘OFF” again with no sound.

The switch passes the diagnostic, however the mold does not do the following - If is not already in the “Fill” position the mold is driven to the “Fill” position. The mold remains in whatever position it is in. Oddly though all of the switches and motor pass their individual diagnostic tests.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Could this be an IM Board issue?

David

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi David,

Where did you find the service manual at? I can not locate the service manual for this model.

I need to see the service manual to assist you.

Jake

david.martins

Premium Member
Jake here is the link of the Service Manual I used.
I'm happy to say that today, I disassembled the entire ice maker and cavity, cleaned all of the switch terminals, inspected and re-seated all of the wiring harnesses, reassembled and resealed the cavity and all of the openings with new insulating tape and foam and after an hour it started to produce ice efficiently. Thanks to this Service Manual, I was able to perform all of the diagnostics (Section 4) and then follow the complete tear down and reassembly instructions. Thanks for your reply.

5595562914 Electrolux French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator (Dispenser Non-Dispenser models.pdf - Google Drive

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent David, good job! And thanks for the service manual, That will help others too, paying it forward is good karma.:)

Jake

david.martins

Premium Member
The service manual was extremely resourceful. Very detailed and easy to follow. Just a quick note to anyone with Ice Maker issues on Frigidaire/Electrolux branded French Door Bottom Freezer models with Ice Makers located in the Fresh Food (Top) area, TEMPERATURE is a key issue. If the ice maker is above 10F, it simply won't produce ice. It may appear faulty, as I thought in my case, but run the Ice Maker Diagnostics in section 4 and you can rule out many defects. If your bottom freezer temperature is set too low, much of the refrigerant is diverted to achieve that temperature and the ice maker comes second in line. I put a thermometer in my freezer and found that setting the temperature to 3F actually got the unit to 0F, which is optimal freezer temperature. Also, resealing the ice maker housing/cover with new foam weatherstripping and all of the seams around the housing and mounting holes with foam tape (all available at your local hardware store for under $15) solved my problem and the ice maker has been working like a charm. The foam tape is available in white and if you spend a bit of time cutting and applying it neatly, it looks like it is part of the design.

Cheers and I hope this works for some of you.

Here is the Service Manual link for newer Frigidaire models.

5995556437 Frigidaire Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Service Manual.pdf - Google Drive