That's odd Larry.
Another member replaced his: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/36656-Kenmore-Pro-30-Electric-Double-Oven-Broiler-element-would-sometimes-come-on-by-itself/page4
Read post#35 Rick explains how to remove and install the new one, maybe you missed a step? Did you remove the service panel?
Then read posts 37 and 38.
You can post and ask zborgerd in that thread I posted above.
Also read page 10 in the tech. data sheet I posted above.
Follow the steps below in order to replace the through hidden bake element on a single wall oven and the lower through hidden bake element of a double wall oven.
1. Remove the lower decorative trim (2 screws).
2. Using a pair of long nose pliers, remove the cutter pins and the screw which are holding the true hidden bake element service panel in place (under the oven liner).
3. Disconnect the two bake element wires.
4. Slide the true hidden bake service panel and element out of its operational emplacement.
--->The steps below are to follow in order to replace a double wall oven's upper true hidden bake element only.
5. Remove the center trim. You may use a flat screwdriver in order to pull the center trim out.
6. Remove the door lock assembly.
7. Follow the same steps as for the single wall oven (2-4 above).