• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

EW30EW65PSB Electrolux Icon Dual Wall Oven extremely slow to Preheat

Joepiccaso

Premium Member
Model Number
EW30EW65PSB
Brand
Electrolux
I have a Model #: EW30EW65PSB Electrolux Double Wall Oven about 6 years old. No error codes showing on the control board. The oven seems to take forever to preheat, may close to one hour at times. Once it's reached it's temp, it seems to cook OK. It will broil. The convection mode seems to work well, the bake element seems to work, and the upper and lower ovens operate about the same way.

I've read that these Thermal Fuses can cause this, by not allowing both legs of the 220V power to operate, so the oven is only running on 110V power. When I put it on the Bake Function only the lower element is lighted on the display during preheating. If I preheat on the Roast function, only the top element is lighted on the display.

I cannot find a service manual for this model to even locate items to test. Besides the problem of not preheating, any help with a service manual, wiring diagram, troubleshooting guide to help me figure this out? I'm handy enough to handle this, but not knowledgeable to figure out what the problem actually is.

Joepiccaso

Premium Member
Update to the original Post. I have an Electrolux Double Wall Oven M#: EW30EW65PSB, S#: AF44306118. iT'S 6+ years old. We noticed that it was taking a very long time to preheat. Sometimes it takes >1 hour to get to 350 and it seems forever to get to 450 when we cook pizzas. the lower over is slow, but not like that. The other day I set the delay start function to 425 Degrees, when I got home it had been On for almost 1 1/2 hrs and wasn't even to 350 yet. I turned the Lower oven on and it preheated to 425 F in like 20 minutes and the upper oven still hadn't quite gotten there. I had an Electrolux Authorized repair shop look at it. They worked on it 3 times and it may have gotten slightly better. I gave up after that. With all three service people, they said the same thing "Don't Do the Clean Function!" What's the point of having it if you shouldn't use it?

I'm not a technician, but a handy kinda guy. I'd try to repair it myself if I had a guide to troubleshoot with, but I cannot locate anything like that. Steps to take and how to make the tests. At this point, I am looking to replace the oven with a Whirlpool or Kitchen Aid, but that's an expensive fix, but it works. Otherwise, I can bring in a string or repair people, like the first ones, and have them replace everything in the unit since they don't seem to have the proper troubleshooting skills, which is a very common ailment in most service industries these days. I couldn't exactly follow all of Coryjames52's testing, but I do have a multimeter and I know how to use it.

Can you help me? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://ecommcdnprod.azureedge.net/...product_support/EI3/EI30EW45PSC/807436903.pdf

What part or parts did that service company already replace?

Sounds like the relay board is the problem, on this one you only have 1 relay board that controls both the upper and lower ovens.

Here's the relay board for your model:
316443936 Board

Look at the schematic and the K5 relay is for the upper oven bake element, see if your getting 240 volts at that relay when you have the upper oven set at bake 350.

Becareful when working with live electricity not to touch anything else when volt meter testing.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Joepiccaso

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake for the late reply. The service guy told me what he replaced, but did show it on the invoice. It wasn't a Relay Board, I know that for sure. I haven't messed with it since. I'd have to figure out where that puppy is. We have a service guy at the house today and he looked at it. he ran a bunch of tests and said it all checked out as fine. Just like the last service people said. It still takes nearly 1 hour to preheat.

Otherwise, both ovens cook well. All features function and no error codes. Now we haven't used the Self Clean function since the first guy says that is what killed it the first time. I think it's Time to get a GE or Whirlpool or Kitchen Aid. I've had good luck with them. This is my first Electrolux. Even my Electrolux drink box crapped out in 5 years.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes that is very odd. The tech should of volt tested for 240 volts at the heating element itself.

Yes I agree, we recommend Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Amana, and Jenn-Air for the best reliability and longevity.

Jake

Joepiccaso

Premium Member
I’m sure the Devil’s in the details somewhere. I have a hard time believing that it completely checks out good, but still doesn’t work. Either the issue is getting past the test, like getting a voltage in a meter, but no current, when testing a battery; or they aren’t testing properly. In today’s world of repairs of anything, troubleshooting is a lost art. I can replace parts until I fix it. I just can’t afford it. If I could lay my hands on a troubleshooting guide, I think I may give it a try myself.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I couldn't locate the service manual, only the tech. data sheet in post #3, if you do what I mentioned in post #3 you can determine if the relay board is the culprit or not.

Jake