• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Ewave Microwave Oven

bparke20

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1
Location
Southfield, Michigan
I have a Ewave microwave oven, model NO: KOT-153UB. I went to use it and it popped the Circuit-Breaker. I reset the Circuit-Breaker, and it's providing power to the wall-outlet; However, the microwave is still inop. My question is.....is there a simple repair for this microwave such as an internal fuse replacement? Or is this microwave toast which means I'll have to replace it with another. (bparke20)
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
23,937
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

is there a simple repair for this microwave such as an internal fuse replacement? Or is this microwave toast which means I'll have to replace it with another.
Unknown until you or someone diagnoses the problem(s).

There is a fuse inside the microwave but fuses and breakes don't let go or trip off normally without a reason.
Shorted high voltage capacitor, bad door switch(s), burnt wire are common trouble makers for taking out the house breaker and/or the fuse inside the microwave.

jeff.
 
Top