• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Ewave microwave turntable won't turn

lynnbambrose

Premium Member
Model Number
KOT-170SW
Brand
I have an ewave under the counter microwave and all of sudden the turntable stopped turning! Any suggestions?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Jack Findlay

if the turntable stops turning I would say its time to take it to your repair guy, not much you can do if you don't know how work on those things : /

Samuel Valero

Premium Member
If the drivetrain got damaged from something very heavy on the tray, or something oblong hitting the corner, it might stop turning. One time I took the tray off and wrapped the spindle down in there with teflon tape to try to get it to turn again. Not sure that microwaving teflon in with the food is a good idea though....