• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FAA067P7A6 Frigidaire Window AC Drips Inside

borgward

Premium Member
Model Number
FAA067P7A6
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire Window unit dripping inside room.

I checked outside to see if drain hole outside was plugged. Was not. Checked to see if unit was angled down. It was. Evaporator and condenser coils are clean. The unit is the correct size for a 196 sf room.

Noticed unit was dripping into the room last night. Condensation underneath above window sill. The fan is not spitting droplets into the room. That room seemed a little warmer than normal. Turned unit off. Started looking at the unit at about 4:30 PM today. 91.2F and 66% humidity outside. 60 F air coming off evaporator. 50F at 11 PM this evening.

I can see about 12 rows of evaporator tubing, Don't know if there is a second row behind. Funny thing is that the bottom 4 rows feel cool and the rest of them are warm to the touch.

I am thinking the unit is low on coolant. The The aluminum fins at the bottom Frigidaire condensers tend to corrode and I suspect that eventually begins to corrode the copper condenser tubes.

Fortunately I have a 20+ year old Whirlpool (f 22) unit my brother in law gave years ago that has bailed us out of trouble several times.

My spare Whirlpool unit has been sitting on end in a shed. Will that cause damage like Laying a refrigerator flat? I heard that causes the compressor oil to come out of the compressor and when you start it up the compressor is ruined. Would laying the unit in it's proper orientation for a while let the oil return to where it's supposed to be?

borgward

Premium Member
Will set temperature at 70F. If I take unit to recycle place they charge $20 to evacuate the Freon from the system. How do they do that since the unit has no valves to connect gauges, charge, or evacuate the system?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a pair of vise grips with a piercing needle and hose connection. You pierce the line with the pliers and start the vacuum pump.

borgward

Premium Member
Since there are no high and low side valves how is Freon added to a window unit at the factory. How is the vacuum pump connected?