FAFS4073NA0 Why won't my Frigidaire affinity washer go into diagnostic mode?

Wendi Silvas

Premium Member
Model Number
FAFS4073NA0
Brand
Frigidaire
My washer will not spin. It leaves my clothes soaking wet. I received an error code of E21. I cleaned the drain plug and checked the pump and it still won't spin. I have tried to put it into diagnostic mode and it won't go. I've followed the steps over and over again and no luck. How can I get my machine to go into diagnostic mode?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's your tech. data sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11fUa990omIm12dZgckAUfOjWBIknNpCr

E21=Water not pumping out fast enough. REFER TO TEST #3.

TEST #3:
1. Check the drain hose for restrictions.
2. Start the washer and check for 120 VAC at the drain pump.

If Zero Volts. Check the wiring. If wiring good, replace the main control board. If 120 Volts AC Remove the pump and check for blockage. If blocked, remove the restriction, if not, replace the pump.

Here's the main control board for your model:
809055306 Control-Electrical

Here's the drain pump for your model(Video Included):
137240800 Pump-Water

Jake

Wendi Silvas

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I have this same book that came with my washer. Those are the steps that I tried and it won't go into diagnostic mode to run the tests. It lets me reset the washer back to factory settings. I can even check for error codes that has shown up on the washer. As a matter of fact now I'm getting E68 (the heating element), I just haven't had the time to check that out yet. I just can't get it to go into diagnostic mode so that I can run the tests. Is there another way to be able to run the tests?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Is there another way to be able to run the tests?
Nope, but if your drain pump and heating element both test good, then we know its your main control board that's gone sour.

E68=Current leakage to ground on heater or fuse opened. Refer to TEST (13).

TEST #13
1. Check the resistance of the heating element. It should be approximately 14 ohms. If the readings are incorrect, replace the heating element.

2. Check the resistance between ground and both heater terminals. It should be open when the heater terminals are disconnected. If the readings are incorrect, replace the heating element.If the problem is not corrected, replace the main control board.

Jake