FAFS4272LA0 error code E21

jbarr89

Premium Member
Model Number
FAFS4272LA0
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a frigidaire affinity washer with a e21 error code. I have replaced the pump, cleaned out the drain lines and filter basket, I replaced the control board and it still has a code. Whenever it gets to a part of the cycle where it has to drain, it will not so I take a shop vac and vacuum the drain hose until it moves onto the next phase of the cycle. not sure what else there is to replace; has anyone else had this issue?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Try clearing the error code.

Press the “cancel” button to enter standby mode.

Within 10 seconds after pressing “cancel”, press any button (except the cancel button) to wake up the control.

Within 5 seconds of wake up, turn the selector knob to the far left cycle and press and hold the “cancel” and center button under the display simultaneously for 3 seconds to enter the Diagnostic Mode.

Turn the program knob clockwise 9 turns (clicks) from the Start Position. The control will signal the last 5 error codes with E00 meaning no error experienced.

Press and hold the center key under the display and “cancel” buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. All error code(s) will be cleared.

To return the washer to normal operation unplug the power cord, wait 5-8 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.

jbarr89

Premium Member
Thanks Rick, I did your recommendation and that worked for only one load, the next load it threw the e21 code again after the rinse cycle

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the drain hose for a blockage or kink. Start the machine and check for 120 VAC at the drain pump. If you have 120 VAC check the pump for a blockage. No blockage, replace the pump:
137240800 Drain Pump
frigidaire-pump-water-137240800-ap4510671_01_m.jpg