• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FAFW3001LW that only does cold

scarecrow76

Premium Member
Model Number
FAFW3001LW
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a front-load FAFW3001LW that only does cold water regardless of weather it's set to Hot, Warm or Cold cycle. I have verified that the hoses are good and the tap is providing hot water. Any thoughts?

J

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing the last digit in your model number. The model number tag is located inside the door.

Here's the results I get:
FAFW3001LW0
FAFW3001LW1
FAFW3001LW2
FAFW3001LW3
FAFW3001LW4
FAFW3001LW5
FAFW3001LW6
FAFW3001LW7

Reverse the hot and cold fill hoses on the back of your machine, then see if you get hot water on the cold setting.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks! Now CHECK if you get COLD on the HOT water setting WITH the fill hoses reversed.

Now, put the fill hoses back on the way you had them, then get a multimeter and take a voltage reading on the HOT(RED) water side solenoid of your water inlet valve WHEN you have the water temperature on HOT, and see if you get 120 volts, if so and its not putting HOT water in, then your water inlet valve is bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve 134371220

If you are NOT getting 120 volts on the HOT side solenoid WHEN you have it on the HOT water setting, then put your machine into diagnostics cycle and tell us what error code you get.

Here's how:
1. Wake the washer by pressing any button.
2. Wait 5 seconds.
3. Press and HOLD the Start/Pause and Cancel buttons simultaneously.
As long as the buttons are held, the failure code will appear in the display as an E followed by two numbers, a number and a letter or two letters. The control will beep and the Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, and Final Spin indicator lights will flash.

Jake

scarecrow76

Premium Member
I get 120VAC on all three valve connectors, so I'm guessing it's a stuck valve. Thanks for the info! It leads me in the direction I needed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, correct, stuck HOT water solenoid valve.

Let us know how it goes after your replace the water inlet valve.

Jake