• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FAFW3001LW3 Frigidaire Washer - Replacing door boot

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Model Number
FAFW3001LW3
Brand
Frigidaire
I am changing a door boot on a stacked Frigidaire washer (part number 137566001). Does anyone have any tips on how to get the spring on that holds the boot to the tub? I always have the hardest time with the spring on the Frigidaire/Electrolux washers. All the online videos make it looks so easy.

I will probably attempt to change the door boot without taking the front panel off since the dryer is stacked on top and is in a closet. Is there a boot clamp that tightens with a screw (i.e. the kind samsung uses) that would possibly fit this size gasket. Thanks for your help!

Brian

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Brian,

Yes, the Frigidaire boot seals are the hardest to replace, Its going to be a nightmare to try to replace it without removing the front panel unless you have extremely small hands and arms. LOL

There isn't any tips I can give you on doing these, sorry.

Here's the video:

Jake

Brianswensen

Premium Member
So it turns out the LG inner door boot springs will work on these. I was able to do it from the front pretty quickly without taking it apart. It wasn't too difficult getting the new gasket on the tub with a lot of soap. It kind of took a while to find the spot on the gasket that needed to be pressed against to get it all the way on the tub.

The LG inner ring was a little too big, so I took the spring off, bent the end of the ring about an inch and put the spring back on the ring. Once that was the right size, I installed the ring the same as with an LG washer using this tool 383EER4004A.

Assuming it holds, these will hopefully not be everyone's worst nightmare anymore. I feel like Frigidaire couldn't have made a worse design with those inner door springs they use.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job Brian, thanks for letting us know. (y)

Jake