FIXED FAK123J1V1 Replace fan bearings?

stephen3333333

Premium Member
Model
FAK123J1V1
Brand
Frigidaire
The fan motor (309617703 part number) is starting to seize, I sprayed it with wd40 and its working again but starting to squeak again. Can I just replace the bearings without replacing the whole motor?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Can I just replace the bearings without replacing the whole motor?
No, but you don't need bearings. On the end of the motor around the motor shaft is a wick. Look for a hole in that silver cap and fill it with 3 in 1 oil or something similar. Do both sides. I marked the oil holes on this image of your motor:
MOTOR.jpg

stephen3333333

Premium Member
Took motor apart and used 3 in 1 oil on bearings. gave them a good soaking. Spinning good now. But I've ran into a problem with wiring from motor, there were 5 wires. 3 wires ran to the switch but not sure sure where the white and brown wire go on capacitor. Does brown go to Fan and white go to C? Capacitor has 3 terminals C, Fan, Herm. Forgot to write them down :)

thanks again for your help

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure without a wiring diagram. The wire diagram may be on the motor itself.

stephen3333333

Premium Member
I looked it up online and found out how to connect them. brown wire went to fan and white wire went to C (common)

working like a charm. thanks again