• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FAQE7072LA0 Frigidaire Dryer - Replaced heating element now getting E61 error

Josh859

Premium Member
Model Number
FAQE7072LA0
Brand
Frigidaire
Been having quite the time fixing this dryer. I’ve replaced the heating element multiple times assuming cause it was off brand that it kept burning up I even cleaned and replaced ducts leading outside. Now I’m getting E61 error code and the dryer spins but no heat.. I’m seeing online that it could be the relay stuck open or closed.. I’ve put a meter reader to the heating element and fuses everything seems open. My question is, which control board do I replace?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Josh859

Premium Member
Update I’m still getting error code e61 I’m beyond frustrated with this thing!! It heated up and got really hot so I put it all back together and connected the duct started it back up and after about an hour I heard the dreadful ding and I just wanna bang my head into this thing lol

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Josh859 said:
Update I’m still getting error code e61
Did you replace the control or not? You never said.

Did you install a brand new part?

Did you install any parts besides that?

I heard the dreadful ding
What is the dreadful ding?

image.jpeg

According to the unit's tech sheet, an E61 fault code can be caused by the heater relay either being powered too long or not powered at all.

If the dryer is not heating when the fault code displays, check the High Limit Thermostat and Thermal Limiter.

If you've replaced either of those components before, tell us.

Dan O.

Josh859

Premium Member
the dreadful ding is that error code beeping lol I replaced control board in dryer and also replaced both fuses on the element.., I just ordered the thermistor that is connect to the blower.. when I started it up it heated up but it got extremely hot!! Like hotter than it should and after about an hour it displayed e61 again... I switched the setting to air dry mode and it displayed e64 that time...

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Josh859 said:
when I started it up it heated up but it got extremely hot!! Like hotter than it should and after about an hour it displayed e61 again
Yeah, it probably blew the thermal limiter which would prevent power from getting to the board, which would in turn cause that fault code.

Check the thermal limiter again and try to determine why it's overheating. The venting would be a prime suspect.

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

Don't allow the dryer to operate while overheating! It's a fire hazard that way!

Dan O.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
E64--->HEATER OPEN CIRCUIT Check heater coils and connections for open circuits. Replace heater and/or wiring and retest.

I agree 100% with Dan, vent restriction is likely.

Jake