FAQE7111LW0 Dryer will not shut off after cycle set time

reggie v

Model Number
FAQE7111LW0
Brand
Frigidaire
HELLO...our dryer has started to quit shutting off after the cycle time has been set..example(60 min) will run till you stop it by opening door or pushing cancel button
tried differrent heat settings still same effect will not shut off cloths will be dry but dryer continues to run.....dryer was purchased in december 2012...so 6 years old..have any of you had this issue and is there something i can do to correct this...by the way exshaust pipe is not obstructed flows free ..any help is appreciated thanks ..by the way frigidaire model FAQE7111LW0

icantremember

Hi Jeff! I see that you're the go-to-guy here (at least for Frigidaire).

I've got the same dryer and a similar problem -- sometimes it's the same as the OP (not stopping after cycle). Other times I'll just throw something in and take it out before the cycle is done but the dryer keeps going (no heat) even after I pause or cancel from the panel.

I'm assuming I need a new board since that seems to be the solution for these kinds of problems, right?

Thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

but the dryer keeps going (no heat) even after I pause or cancel from the panel.
Definetly shouldn't do that!

I'm assuming I need a new board
That is very possible.

jeff.