FIXED FAQG7001LW1 Cant get into diagnostic mode to check error code?

stackz

Premium Member
ok, the thermal limiter came in yesterday afternoon and I swapped it in and the dryer is working good as new again.

I guess my only question is why it popped in the first place on a unit that has only been in service for about a year?? is this a sign of a different problem?

I did notice that apparently my wife hasnt been really cleaning the lint screen very well and it was half clogged. I had to use a scrub pad on the screen to get a bunch of caked in crud out of it and now its about 90% free flowing. still thinking about ordering a new one though.

Also, on the rear metal screen you can see inside the drum at the bottom left there is a slight burn mark on the metal screen. does this mean the unit got WAYY too hot which might have popped the thermal limiter? I'm just trying to further troubleshoot so I dont have to keep on opening up the unit and replacing the limiter that keeps popping in case the issue may lie elsewhere....or am I just overthinking this??

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The TCO opens when there's poor airflow like a blocked vent or vent hose, clogged lint screen or blower housing. When there's poor airflow the heat piles up on the thermal fuse and thermostats. It may start cycling on the safety thermostat before the TCO opens

stackz

Premium Member
what is the TCO? thermal cut out? most likely my issue was the lint screen being over 50% hard clogged. as far as vent, you mean the exhaust vent?

Pmp816

What if one or two functions doesn’t perform?

Sorry in advance, as I am not sure if I am posting this correctly. I was wondering if you had some insight. I performed the below functions on my dryer. On turns 5 & 6 there are no LEDs lit and no thermistor reading however it does give thermistor reading on turn 1. (Also tested and got 55ohms on thermistor). What would be the next step from there or what is the meaning for those lights not to light up? I took apart the entire dryer and tested all heating components and everything is fine. On the first test I received Error code E5b. Thank you!

FUNCTION TEST SEQUENCE
1. Turn knob to sixth position from the left.

2. Press and hold SELECT and CANCEL simultaneously for six seconds. The buzzer will sound one time.

3. Immediately press and hold OPTIONS and CANCEL simultaneously for two seconds. The control will enter test mode, the buzzer will sound three times and all LEDs will rapidly flash. After entering the test mode, the cycle selector knob can now be rotated to select the following tests. Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise from the starting position:

0 turns: All LEDs will flash.

1 turn: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. “H” and the control thermistor reading will toggle back and forth in the display.

2 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Cool Down LED is lit and “AF” (Air Fluff) is displayed.

3 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Drying and Cool Down LEDs are lit and numbers appear in the display showing moisture sensor readings. Opening the door (press in on door switch plunger) and placing a finger on the both moisture sense bars at the same time will make the numbers decrease. In controls that do not have a digit display, the More Dry LED should be ON. Opening the door (press in on door switch plunger) and placing a finger on the both moisture sense bars at the same time will make the Damp LED come on.

4 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Key test:
a. When the Temperature key is pressed, all the temperature LEDs should light.
b. When the Dryness key is pressed, all the dryness level LEDs should light.
c. When the Options or Select key is pressed, all the Option LEDs should light.
d. When the Start/Pause key is pressed, all the cycle status LEDs should light.
e. When the Cancel key is pressed, all the cycle status LED’s should light.

5 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is off. Cool Down LED is lit. Control thermistor reading is displayed.

6 turns: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. Control thermistor reading is displayed.

7-11 turns: All LEDs will flash

To EXIT test mode, press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds or disconnect power from dryer. Dryer will be reset for regular operation.