FASE7073LW0 Frigidaire dryer noise on anti static cycle

GR8TSCT99

Premium Member
Model Number
FASE7073LW0
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a Frigidaire dryer, as and it makes a loud noise when it is on the anti static cycle. It works great all the way through the drying cycle. I can't find any help online,
Had anyone run into this problem? What is it? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Without a model number, we're dead in the water. Read it from the tag on the machine. Click here: Appliance Parts follow the link “How to find a model number”

GR8TSCT99

Premium Member
Model number

It is a Frigidaire Affinity Dryer with the model number: FASE7073LW0. My apologies I forgot to type it in. Thanks for getting back to me.

rickgburton

Staff member
GR8TSCT99 said:
...and it makes a loud noise when it is on the anti static cycle.
OK, that's not very much to go on. So you're saying it makes a "loud noise" only on the anti static cycle. That means we can eliminate the motor, blower, drum rollers, idler pulley, glides and the drum. They all work the same way in any cycle. That leaves the gas valve assembly and the console electronics. Can you tell where the noise is coming from? Here's the hard part, can you describe the noise? It might be faster if you made a youtube video and post the link here.

GR8TSCT99

Premium Member
So I tried to do it again, with my phone video taping it, and it didn't make the sound this time. It was a loud buzzing noise, to loud to be normal. If it does it again, I will upload a video of it. Thanks for trying to help me.

rickgburton

Staff member
So it's an intermittent noise only on the anti-static cycle? Can you tell where it's coming from?

GR8TSCT99

Premium Member
It made the noise only once and hasn't made it since. It was so loud it sounded like it was impossible to know where it was coming from, but I did hit cancel before I investigated it even further. The closest sound I can think of is a fire alarm buzzer. I haven't gotten it to do it again. In 3 loads.