• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FASG7021NW2 Frigidaire Dryer again with the thermal limit, fifth time

hrt jr

Premium Member
Model Number
FASG7021NW2
Brand
Frigidaire
FASG7021NW2, serial 4D31201041, DR code- this will be the fifth time in seven years- so is there a higher temperature option? I dis assembled the lint screen area and got that area spiffy clean, duct clear, outside 4 flapper vinyl is completely free/ open. Honestly I'm fed up enough to replace it so another question - do new dryers run the same way? I have it on a 15 inch pedestal, will a new fridgidaire fit on the old pedestal? Do other manufacturers dryers fit on this pedestal? thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I dis assembled the lint screen area and got that area spiffy clean
How much lint was there? (It could be a clue.)

hrt jr said:
duct clear, outside 4 flapper vinyl is completely free/ open

Exactly how long is the venting all the way from the dryer to the outdoors?

How many elbows?

What material is the venting made from?

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

Dan O.

hrt jr

Premium Member
Two elbows, about 11 feet of rigid 4 inch alum-

I vacuumed out the dis assembled the lint filter area, took the straight apart and made sure was clear last year when this happened last time- as well as more than monthly clear the flapper vinyl vent (I own a handyman repair business)

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The venting sounds good.

- Check the seals on the drum. If they're leaking, proper air flow through the dryer will not occur.

LINK > FASG7021NW2 Dryer Drum Seal (2 used)

- Also check the seal between the front panel and the blower housing. Again, leaking will affect air flow through the dryer and affect the heat control components.

LINK > Air Duct Seal

- Check the the drum support rollers. They could be worn and preventing the drum from sealing properly against the housings.

LINK > FASG7021NW2 Drum Support Rollers (2 used)

- As a very unlikely possibility, make sure the fan is attached firmly onto the motor shaft and not slipping. Also that it's clean.

hrt jr said:
Do other manufacturers dryers fit on this pedestal?
I'm not certain if a different manufacturer's dryer would. I don't know the pedestal's requirements. Check its installation instructions.

Dan O.

Last edited: