FASG7021NW2 Frigidaire Dryer again with the thermal limit, fifth time

hrt jr

Premium Member
Model Number
FASG7021NW2
Brand
Frigidaire
FASG7021NW2, serial 4D31201041, DR code- this will be the fifth time in seven years- so is there a higher temperature option? I dis assembled the lint screen area and got that area spiffy clean, duct clear, outside 4 flapper vinyl is completely free/ open. Honestly I'm fed up enough to replace it so another question - do new dryers run the same way? I have it on a 15 inch pedestal, will a new fridgidaire fit on the old pedestal? Do other manufacturers dryers fit on this pedestal? thanks

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I dis assembled the lint screen area and got that area spiffy clean
How much lint was there? (It could be a clue.)

hrt jr said:
duct clear, outside 4 flapper vinyl is completely free/ open

Exactly how long is the venting all the way from the dryer to the outdoors?

How many elbows?

What material is the venting made from?

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

Dan O.

hrt jr

Premium Member
Two elbows, about 11 feet of rigid 4 inch alum-

I vacuumed out the dis assembled the lint filter area, took the straight apart and made sure was clear last year when this happened last time- as well as more than monthly clear the flapper vinyl vent (I own a handyman repair business)

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The venting sounds good.

- Check the seals on the drum. If they're leaking, proper air flow through the dryer will not occur.

LINK > FASG7021NW2 Dryer Drum Seal (2 used)

- Also check the seal between the front panel and the blower housing. Again, leaking will affect air flow through the dryer and affect the heat control components.

LINK > Air Duct Seal

- Check the the drum support rollers. They could be worn and preventing the drum from sealing properly against the housings.

LINK > FASG7021NW2 Drum Support Rollers (2 used)

- As a very unlikely possibility, make sure the fan is attached firmly onto the motor shaft and not slipping. Also that it's clean.

hrt jr said:
Do other manufacturers dryers fit on this pedestal?
I'm not certain if a different manufacturer's dryer would. I don't know the pedestal's requirements. Check its installation instructions.

Dan O.

Last edited: