• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FDB421RFS4 Top Arm Not Spinning - Frigidaire Dishwasher

mpbeecher

Premium Member
Model Number
FDB421RFS4
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi there - Our top dishwasher (frigidaire) arm will not spin. I cleaned out all the filters at the bottom and checked the hose line leading up to the top from the bottom pump, seems fine and clear. There is water coming out of the spigot at the top but no spinning. I took the top rack assembly outside and ran a garden hose through the wand inlet and water will come out of all the holes but it won't spin in that circumstance as well. Not sure if a garden hose is enough pressure to get that spinning? Seems like it would be but have no experience to judge that. The bottom arm spins fine and shoots water out. I'm at a loss. Can anyone lend some advice?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its possibly that nozzle is broken, or the rubber gasket there is broken, watch the video below to get access to it.

Here's the Delivery Tube Upper spray nozzle kit for your model:
Frigidaire 154412101 Nozzle, Kit

Here's that gasket, its rubber:
Frigidaire 154406401 Delivery Tube Gasket

Watch this video:

[video=youtube_share;0Ds91zlCueU]https://youtu.be/0Ds91zlCueU[/video]

Jake

mpbeecher

Premium Member
HI Jake - Thanks for replying to my question. I find no evidence that the gasket is leakding or the nozzle is blocked or otherwise not working. Is there a chance that the motor is bad? It pumps good hot water to the bottom arm, which appears to be spinning fine. I understand that the bottom and top arms spin at different times and the pump operates both in opposite directions so that the ball valve opens and water can be re-directed up to the top arm. Is that correct? If so could the motor not be working in the the second cycle that actuates the top arm?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then if the nozzle and gasket are fine, then its likely the wash motor that's wearing out.

Yes, I'm attaching the tech data sheet below, look on page 2 and you will see the timing chart of when the lower and upper spray arms are activated.

Here's the wash motor assembly for your model:
Frigidaire 154859501 Motor Kit

Jake

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake