FE-R400SW Samsung Electric Range - LED display problem & flashing oven light

eastvantrading

Premium Member
Model Number
FE-R400SW
Brand
Samsung
Hello,

I have a Samsung Electric Range (FE-R400SW), about 5 years old. It is in a unoccupied suite and has barely ever been used. The LED control panel is faint/dim and not displaying properly. Also, when I open the oven door, the oven light flashes on and off quickly 5-10 times accompanied by a clicking sound, like a relay. Otherwise, it seems to work.

I'm wondering if this might be a quick DIY fix (i.e.: controller board swap)? Would this part be expensive?

I really don't need the stove and would be happy to sell it but wouldn't want to pass off something that is potentially dangerous. I keep it unplugged for the time being.

Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Thanks!

IMG_3065.jpg

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I'm wondering if this might be a quick DIY fix (i.e.: controller board swap)?
It does sound like the electronic control may be required. They are not usually overly difficult to replace... once you get to them. I don't know how difficult the repair is to complete on that model, sorry.

Would this part be expensive?
Usually, yes. I looked up the control at some U.S. part vendors and it is listed at $200+. I don't know how much it is at suppliers in Canada.

JFYI

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.ca
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

eastvantrading

Premium Member
Thanks, Dan. Can you tell me what part number it would be?
Also, do you think it's safe to continue to use it in this condition?

Cheers,
Evan

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Check with whatever parts supplier you're intending to purchase it from. I came up with different answers at different sites, one was part # DE92-03045D. I don't have access to Samsung parts lists to verify the information found online.

Dan O.
Appliance411.ca
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~