FE710DRS-XAA Samsung Oven turns off randomly

Csharp88

Premium Member
Model Number
FE710DRS-XAA
Brand
Samsung
Hello - I've searched the web for my issue but came up empty for the most part. My Samsung range randomly turns off when baking. The oven will preheat to desired temp but will completely shut the entire unit down after a few minutes. The control panel goes completely blank but will reset after several seconds or when I turn a knob for the stove top to the on position. When the panel comes back on the clock blinks 12:00 and the oven remains off.

It shuts downs like it has tripped a circuit in my circuit break but has not. The stove top works fine so it appears that this issue is confined to the oven. I'm assuming it is a control panel issue but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if someone can help me troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Relay board or control board likely responsible

I'm assuming it is a control panel issue
It could be the electronic control itself but possibly more likely the relay board that powers it, that is malfunctioning.

LINK > FE710DRS/XAA Oven Relay Control Board # DE92-02439D
LINK > FE710DRS/XAA Electronic Display Board # DE92-02440D

Other than that, someone would need to look at the range's wiring diagram and trace the power route to the display board and check the electrical connections in the power circuit to it. If it's not one of those components malfunctioning there might be a slim chance of just a loose wiring connection that is affected temporarily by the heat of the oven??

JMO

Dan O.

Csharp88

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply and info. Are you aware of any how to videos to replace these? I'm assuming that maybe I should replace the Oven Relay Control Board first?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Csharp88 said:
Are you aware of any how to videos to replace these?
I'm afraid not. Samsung products are not overly common in North America.

I'm assuming that maybe I should replace the Oven Relay Control Board first?
The relay board is what usually sends power to the display board. Check the wiring diagram. If that's the case on your model than it might be most suspect of those two components.

Dan O.