• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FE710FDRS Samsung oven does not maintain set temperature

Gabriel Arce

Premium Member
Model Number
FE710FDRS
Brand
Samsung
I have Samsung FE710FDRS range. We have an issue with the oven maintaining temperature.
1. Set the oven temp to say 400 deg. wait until the range beeps
2. Without opening the oven, re-enter the temperature the oven temp by turning off (clear) the oven and hitting bake again and setting 400 deg
3. (Problem 1) The oven display will show for example 325 and will go up slowly and beep again at 400 some minutes later.
4. (Problem 2) If you are cooking something that takes a long time like a turkey or pork leg, you can repeat this in the middle of the cooking cycle and find this issue as well

If we don't re-enter the temperature, the food is uncooked.

The oven has been like since we purchased it. My wife is very frustrated. We need to constantly monitor and adjust the temperature.
Appliance is under warranty. We have a repair person coming but claming that there is no problem (and he can not wait to see how temperature drops over 1 hour for example). Oven is designed that way... There is a different repair person coming later this week
If anybody has this or has any comments appreciate it. I would to know some good way to show the defect apart from having the repair person wait for 3 hours.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

What I told my customers to do before I came out, is to start the oven at 400 degrees, then I'll be out within the hour, then I use my multimeter(which has a temperature sensor) to put inside the oven and monitor how it cycles OFF and ON.

For example, set at 400 degrees: The heating cycle would kick ON at 375 and kick OFF at 425, which averages 400 degrees.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
2. Without opening the oven, re-enter the temperature the oven temp by turning off (clear) the oven and hitting bake again and setting 400 deg
I'm confused by why you are doing that?

Why wouldn't you just leave it at 400 degrees? Why do you have to re-enter it back to 400 degrees?

Jake

Gabriel Arce

Premium Member
Jake,
I have a regular multimeter. Where would I measure voltage to see the power cycling?
I have a temperature probe I can use to check temperature

Why do I need to constantly re-enter the temperature? We learned to do this so our food will not be undercooked.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I didn't say to measure voltage, I said to monitor the oven temperature when it cycles.

Why do I need to constantly re-enter the temperature? We learned to do this so our food will not be undercooked.
You shouldn't have to do that.

If the oven has been doing that since day 1, then you need to contact the store where you bought it at and tell the manager all this, and if the warranty company can't fix it, then they HAVE TO replace it with a new one per the terms of service.

Jake

Bill Keno

Did you ever find out what was causing it? I've had my oven for about five years and it has been doing that from day one. And like you I have to re-enter the temperature periodically during cooking for more than 20 minutes. Mine will fall off over 100° if left unattended.