• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED FEFL63FSB Range & stove won't head after brownout

jeremy723

Premium Member
Model Number
FEFL63FSB
Brand
Frigidaire
Our Frigidaire Electric Range was working fine before a brownout a few days ago. Midway through I turned off power to the whole house.

Today, first time trying to use it, the clock works, the bake button says it's preheating, but there is no heat generated, only the oven light, the clock and the little lights for timer, bake, etc turn on.

I'm guessing it's a circuit board or control panel? Is that for sure correct and if so is this something I can replace myself?

If so how do I know the exact one to buy? One site lists two different "Oven Control Board" for the Frigidaire FEFL63FSB Electric Range.

Thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Today, first time trying to use it, the clock works, the bake button says it's preheating, but there is no heat generated, only the oven light, the clock and the little lights for timer, bake, etc turn on.
Sounds like no 240 volts to the range...only the 120 volt stuff is working. Check where the power enters the range at the back with volt meter, black to red is 220-240 volts AC, red or black to white is 110-120 volts AC.

jeff.

jeremy723

Premium Member
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that this evening after work. Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I check that? Plug it back in, turn on some burners and then put the multimeter probes where the cord ends at the stove and see what readings I get?

I did order this and take out the original, so maybe I'll try that first when it arrives, instead of putting back the old one and testing the voltage? Or you really think it's the voltage coming in, even though it started right after a brownout?

Frigidaire 316557114 Clock/timer

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check where the power enters the range at the back with volt meter, black to red is 220-240 volts AC, red or black to white is 110-120 volts AC.
Pull the range out, remove back panal, plug the range back in and test at the terminal block and/or at the outplet plug...

220voltrange.jpg

range_outlet.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

jeff.

jeremy723

Premium Member
Thanks, you were right! I really need a good multimeter. After trying the part I ordered and have no success I borrowed a multimeter from a neighbor, watched a bunch of you tube videos and $8.58 plus tax later I had a new breaker in the box and it's working great. Thanks!