• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FEQ1442ES1 Code reading help.

Shelders86

Model Number
FEQ1442ES1
Brand
Frigidaire
Hey all!

Found this gem of a website and figured id give it a shot. So recently moved into house and had the dryer there, people said the heating element was out.. which does line up as no heat is coming on. but to be sure before i went at bought a new heating element I did some research. I opened it up and found the troubleshooting guide. And i believe i got it to run through and show me the error codes. But for the life of me i cannot figure out how to read them. I've read through directions a couple times. but the lights its beeping doesn't really line up with the directions. I have put a link to a youtube video up. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

[video=youtube_share;zYnYaNVh86g]https://youtu.be/zYnYaNVh86g[/video]

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Lets see if you have any error codes. The error codes are obtained by counting the number of times the indicator lights flash since your model doesn't have a digital display.

1 Position the cycle selector knob to the 3 o'clock position
2 Press and hold the Select and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for six seconds.
3 Immediately after, press and hold the START and Pause Cancel buttons simultaneously for 4 seconds.
4 Rotate the cycle selector knob to the 2 o'clock position

The five indicator lights of Drying, Cool Down, Press Saver, and Clean Lint Filter Spin will flash the number of times for the first digit of the error code and the Start indicator light will flash the number of times for the second digit.

Then double check it by taking separate counts of each indicator light so you're accurate in identifying the right error code. The five indicator lights and the START indicator light will start flashing at the same time. The control will pause for a couple seconds and then repeat the error code.

If there is a letter in the error code it stands for a number higher than nine. If the START indicator light flashes ten times it would be an "A" eleven times would be a "B" and so on.

Here is an example; If the control thermistor was open the error code would be E25. "E" is a given so the five indicator lights would flash two times and the START indicator light would flash five times. If there was a heater fault the error code would be E5B so the five indicator lights would flash five times and the START indicator light would flash eleven times.

Let us know what you get.

Jake

seismicfish

Did you ever get this sorted out? I am having the same problem with the same lights flashing. Can't seem to decipher your code nor mine. The manual says nothing about the damp light flashing. Any resources you could point me towards to figure this out would be greatly appreciated. Hope you had good luck with yours. Thanks.