• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FEQ1442ES1 Frigidaire Dryer would not heat, Looking for schematic

theripster

Premium Member
Model Number
FEQ1442ES1
Brand
Frigidaire
Title says it all. I took this machine apart because it would not heat. After checking everything I have determined it is a bad thermistor. I have replaced the thermistor and am now trying to re-assemble it. Unfortunately it sat for several days while I was tied up with other things. I have a plug with a red wire and a red & white wire along with a green ground clip. It obviously belongs someplace, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where. Thus the need for a schematic. Which did not come with the machine. The down side to being an old man with a failing memory. As always, I appreciate you guys and all the help you have given me over the years.

theripster

Premium Member
Thanks jeff1. Unfortunately it is too small for me to read it and it doesn't seem as if I can print it out either. Maybe there is a trick to enlarge it, but I sure cannot figure it out.

theripster

Premium Member
Well I have studied the schematic and think I have found it. It show's the wires and connector I am confused about and in actuality show's it going to nothing. It is listed as contact sensor. At any rate. I have re-assembled it leaving them unconnected and it all has gone back together. Now I just need to test it. Unfortunately that will probably be several days now since it is raining cats and dogs and my test area is actually outside. I know. WTH, but it is what it is.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
This?

LINK> Sensor-Moisture, Assembly W/harness

jeff.

theripster

Premium Member
Wow. I do have that, but did not see any wiring for it. Looks like I'll be opening it up again tomorrow. Once again you guys are keeping me straight and I appreciate it so much.