FIXED FEQB4000FS0 Frigidaire Error Code 95

VirginaJack

Premium Member
Model Number
FEQB4000FS0
Brand
Frigidaire
I have a dryer that the control board powers up but if you try to start it just beeps at you after about 2 seconds going black. So I ran the error code test and get 95. So after reading 100 or so blogs and post, it looks like no one really knows what this code means so they suggest replacing the Control Board. So I ordered and replaced the control board, same results.
Here is a list of things I have tested/replaced;

Replaced Control Board
Checked continuity on wiring
Checked continuity on Thermal Limiter
Checked continuity on High Limit Thermostat
Replaced Control Thermister
Verified 120/240 vac at terminal block and Control Board
Cleaned all venting items
Checked continuity on door switch open and closed.

The only other thing that is strange is that the drum light comes on but very dim which is why I tested the door switch. Also when I run the Control Board test now, I get code 22 & 95. So I may have put something back together wrong but I can not find code 22 either.

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you sure its not error code E5B?

That one indicates a no heat issue, and that's the only part you didn't test, the heating element.:)

You will need to unplug the dryer and remove the drum so you can clearly see and ohm test it.

If your meter reads anything below 50 ohms, then its good. Remove the 2 wires from the heating element first before ohm testing.

Also check to see if you notice any burnt wires going to or from that element.

Here's the heating element for your model:
131553900 Dryer Heating Element Assembly

Video included in part link.

Jake

VirginaJack

Premium Member
I'm done, it will be donated to the local recycled appliance shop. New dryer being shipped Friday. Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

I just located another member here with error code 95 and the control board fixed their: FIXED: Kenmore Dryer 417.88052700 Won't start, beeps, E95

The Kenmore 417 is made by Frigidaire. So I really don't know why the new control board on your model did not fix yours.

I know you're frustrated, so I don't blame you for buying a new dryer.:)

Jake

VirginaJack

Premium Member
Dryer Update

I have a dryer that the control board powers up but if you try to start it just beeps at you after about 2 seconds going black. So I ran the error code test and get 95. So after reading 100 or so blogs and post, it looks like no one really knows what this code means so they suggest replacing the Control Board. So I ordered and replaced the control board, same results.
Here is a list of things I have tested/replaced;

Replaced Control Board
Checked continuity on wiring
Checked continuity on Thermal Limiter
Checked continuity on High Limit Thermostat
Replaced Control Thermister
Verified 120/240 vac at terminal block and Control Board
Cleaned all venting items
Checked continuity on door switch open and closed.

The only other thing that is strange is that the drum light comes on but very dim which is why I tested the door switch. Also when I run the Control Board test now, I get code 22 & 95. So I may have put something back together wrong but I can not find code 22 either.

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give.
SO, after giving up and buying a new dryer... Date of delivery I hook up the new one, plug it up and then turn it on, Awesome! Ran a load of clothes for it, works great. Wife ran 5 more loads as I go to bed and feel better that I have a dryer that works. Still feeling like a failure that I couldn't troubleshoot the old one to get it to work.
Well the next morning the wife wakes up and informs me that the new dryer is now doing the same thing as the old one! Well this narrows it down to an electrical issue. So I replace the power cord, I used the one from the other dryer to save $30, that wasn't it, I take the receptacle apart, that wasn't it. I go to the breaker panel and put in a new double pole, single throw 30 amp, that wasn't it. So I put the meter on the poles of the breaker and get 242 vac across phases and 121 vac off each. Go to the receptacle and get 224 vac, 121 vac and 104 vac. This being about the hundredth time I have put the meter on these very same connections but this time it looks wrong. So I crawl under the house to check the wiring and FINALLY I find the issue. It seems when I had the addition put on the house a new circuit had to be run for the new Laundry Closet. The contractor obviously hired a sub par electrician to save money. Instead of running the circuit straight from the breaker to the receptacle, 20' total, there was a gang box where he made a connection. The box wasn't mounted but lying on the ground no cover, no wire nuts on the wires, wide open Once I get into it I see the red wires are crispy fried. So I pull all of the wires apart and cut off all the crispy bits, wire nut all of them and mount the gang box to the floor joist. Everything is working! So it seems as I had power but putting a load of the dryer would cause the short, open short, and cause my problems. I noticed that when I wired the power cable to the new dryer I had swapped phases, red to black black to red, and that must have been the difference to make the new dryer work temporarily.
So $600 for a dryer, $70 in parts and I fixed it with $2.00 worth of wire nuts. I guess that's the way it goes... anyone want to buy a used Frigidaire dryer? So error code 95 could also mean a power issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The contractor obviously hired a sub par electrician to save money. Instead of running the circuit straight from the breaker to the receptacle, 20' total, there was a gang box where he made a connection. The box wasn't mounted but lying on the ground no cover, no wire nuts on the wires, wide open Once I get into it I see the red wires are crispy fried.
Yes, I have seen that happen once in 30 years, very very rare indeed. That person should be reported to the state electrical contractors association for shoddy work! Not to mention a safety hazard if a kid get under there and got electrocuted!

Good find!

Jake