FES300DSB Broiler and oven both only work intermittently Fridgadaire

2ndserve

Model Number
FES300DSB
Brand
Frigidaire
My stove (oven and broiler) are both only intermittently working with so far as I can tell no reason for when it does or doesn't. The range tops all work fine. The control panel does everything it should. I've checked both heater elements for cold resistance and it reads just over 20 ohms on each and neither looks problematic. Being that neither is working consistently and both test okay, I seriously doubt that is the problem. I'm beginning to think the control panel may be bad but as it's rather expensive thought I'd check here first for any other things to look at before going that route. Thanks in advance.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Surface elements working *during* malfunction?

oven and broiler are both only intermittently working ... The range tops all work fine.
Have you actually tried the surface element(s) *while either the bake or broil element was malfunctioning*? If they DID work while the bake or broil was malfunctioning, it would eliminate power to the range as a possible cause.

Other than that, I can't see anything in the range's wiring diagram that would prevent their functioning which would leave the electronic control as the most likely cause of the malfunction.

LINK > FES300DSB Electronic Control 903091-9031

Dan O.

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Oven elements cycle on and off

Just a thought, you do realize the oven elements are not on constantly? They cycle on and off to maintain temperature. The broil will usually only come one during preheat, at the start of the cycle, when set to bake or on when set to broil.

Last edited: