• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FEX831CS0 Frigidaire Combo Washer/Dryer - Washer leaks from odd place.

ccaissie

Premium Member
Model Number
FEX831CS0
Brand
Frigidaire
I replaced drive belt...first attemprt was to tip machine forward to access belt from bottom...WRONG. Front panel access.
Started machine, all ok, but suddenly during the wash cycle, leaked. The leak is right on the bottom tub next to the pump suction side. There seems to be a little weep hole there that pours water out. I'm sure i never touched anything in that area. I include a photo showing the leakk...a small stream of water right next to the upper hose fitting.

What is this and why?

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I can't really see where your talking about in that photo, can you please circle it in RED where its leaking at, then re-upload the photo?

Thanks!

Jake

ccaissie

Premium Member
Jake,

Here's the leak circled in red.
Thanks for that effort. Yes, that's it. It looks like some kind of bleeder or vent, but why? It didn't start leaking until the machine finished filling and it started agitating. With the tub drain to the pump right there, what could be the use of such a drain?
And if it is a failed tub, how could it occur? I didn't touch anything in that area, but I did turn the machine on its face to access the bottom.

If there's no good reason for a port or vent there, I might seal it up with RTV gasket silicone.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Robert, I see it now!

That vent port should NOT be there, no water should be coming out.

Yes--->Try RTV sealant or Flex Seal on it: https://flexsealproducts.com/

Jake