FIXED FFBD2407LM0B Frigidaire Dishwasher won't start, lights flashing

chris.martin2

Premium Member
Model Number
FFBD2407LM0B
Brand
Frigidaire
My Fridgidaire/Electrolux dishwasher is refusing to start. The lights all seem to work, but when I press Start, the lights corresponding to the current settings start flashing, and the dishwasher does nothing (no sound, no indication that it's even trying).
ie if I press Normal wash and then start, the normal wash and washing lights will flash.
if I press heavy, the heavy, hi temp, heat dry and washing lights all flash

I've tried cycling the power to the unit at the breaker, with no change (except that the heat dry and hi temp lights started out flashing, but that seems to be a power loss indicator). I also tried the hi temp/heat dry key press, but with no response. What should the response be on this? Any noise or light indication that the dishwasher is running a diagnostic?

model number is FFBD2407LM0B

chris.martin2

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I opened the dishwasher up and as I was taking the door latch assembly off, there was a click and a bit of a recoil, now everything works fine. The latch seems to have seized up in the open position and just needed a little manhandling to get it to release.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Replace it....that WILL happen again :(

jeff.

Mcnabb75

Premium Member
I have a similar model, FFBD2409LS0B. Same issue, now. At first the touch panel was not working. Replaced that and the touch panel works but the lights flash and then it times out. The door lock seemed to test ok but just not working.
Any thoughts?

jeff1

Staff member

Mcnabb75

Premium Member
Yeah, they tested fine unless I checked wrong. Check with the door closed and both had continuity. Tried to put into test mode and it wouldn't do that either.

jeff1

Staff member
Yeah, they tested fine unless I checked wrong. Check with the door closed and both had continuity.
Both should be closed/have continuity when the door is locked/latched and open/no continuity when the door is unlocked/latched.

Tried to put into test mode and it wouldn't do that either.
Either your new key panal is bad, pcboard is bad, or both.
This second issue only started after the part change, might be best to retrace that or even try another under the part warranty.

jeff.

jeff1

Staff member
Glad that was all it was, thankx for the update :)

jeff.