• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FFCT1378LS Frigidaire Convection microwave will not heat food when microwaving

Rebecca4ster

Model Number
FFCT1378LS
Brand
Frigidaire
So this counter top model still bakes but will not heat food when microwaving. When i opened it up the black wire was snapped and fried crispy. Any ideas about what to replace on this? It cant be as simple as reconnecting the wire, right? It made it about a month outside the warranty. I was hoping it would be something previously posted, but no luck. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model Number FFCT1378LS

I can't find a listing for that model number. The closest I found was FFCT1278LS. Please double check it.

Rebecca4ster said:
It cant be as simple as reconnecting the wire, right?

Right. The terminal it is (or was) attached onto is now damaged as well. That terminal needs to be replaced or the same thing will happen again. Unfortunately, that terminal is a fixed part of the transformer which would also need to be replaced to permanently correct the problem.

image.png

If your model is in fact FFCT1278LS, very few service parts look to be available for it. The transformer is one that is not available unless Frigdiaire can tell you it's part number because it's parts list doesn't show it.

I'd suggest you contact Frigidaire with the correct model and serial number and explain your situation and your displeasure with the product... nicely (maybe adding you'll never buy another if you don't get satisfaction). They might do something for you or at least get the transformer part number so you can order one to fix it.

If that doesn't work, try complaining to the selling dealer. They might do something for you or contact Frigidaire on your behalf. They likely will have some pull with the manufacturer.

JMO

Dan O.

Last edited: