FFEF3054TW Brand new Frigidaire stove started smoking

Rgreenan

Premium Member
Model Number
FFEF3054TW
Brand
Frigidaire
My mother purchased a brand new Frigidaire stove/oven. Upon plugging it in, it gave off a boom and started smoking and was immediately unplugged. Turns out the outlet was wired wrong. The outlet has now been replaced properly and though the stove works the oven not display does not. It appears to be fried. Is it salvageable?
I’m trying to upload pics but not working.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Model number?

the oven not display does not. It appears to be fried. Is it salvageable?
Im sure the range is repairable but whatever is fried will likely need to be replaced.

I’m trying to upload pics but not working.
We don't need pics but will need the appliane's exact model number to look up any parts for it. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > <a href="http://www.appliance411.com/parts/tagsearch.cgi" target="411">Model Number Tag Location Guide</a>

Dan O.

Rgreenan

Premium Member
Frigidaire Smooth Surface 5-Element 5.3-cu ft Self-Cleaning Freestanding Electric Range (White) (Common: 30-in; Actual: 29.875-in)
Item # 906315 Model # FFEF3054TW

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Rgreenan said:
Model # FFEF3054TW
That model number is incomplete. Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag? That is the only reliable place the complete information will be found.