FFFW5000QW0 Frigidaire Affinity Cycle Timing Issue

FrigidaireFFF

Premium Member
Model Number
FFFW5000QW0
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello I was wondering if someone could help me, I have a Frigidaire Affinity Washer and recently the wash cycle time would decrease to 3 mins about 2 minutes into the wash cycle. It doesn't make a difference what cycle is selected, if say the normal cycle is 45 mins. in total, at the 43 min. mark it would drop to 3 mins and then then cycle will count down the 3 minutes and finish. During the initial 2 minute period a small amount of water enters the machine and the drum would spin but then it drops to 3 minutes. Has anyone run into this issue? Thanks in advance!

- Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

FrigidaireFFF

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, I was able to look at this a bit more and was finally able to run the diagnostics - i'm getting an E11 code - I cycled through the different tests and it appears that the cold water isn't entering the machine but the hot water is. Both hot and cold water are turned are and coming in from the pipes. Any ideas? Thanks again in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

E11=Fill time too long. Refer to TEST 1

Ok, it sounds like the COLD side of the water inlet valve is not opening up, If you have a multimeter you can ohm test it, when you click the part link to the water inlet valve below, there is a video there that shows you how.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve 134959340

If it ohm tests fine, do a voltage test on the COLD side water inlet valve solenoid and see if your meter is getting 120 volts to it when you have the washer set on COLD water only.

Let us know what you find.

Jake