FIXED FFGF3047LSF Frigidaire range oven not heating after using it for 90 minutes

shellebelle

Premium Member
Model Number
FFGF3047LSF
Brand
Frigidaire
My oven has been working just fine - I've even made French macarons in it no problem just days ago (macarons are the first thing that will go wrong with a fussy oven). I made rolls in it last night, no problems. In any case, I baked some potatoes at 350 for 90 minutes today, and tried to use the oven again shortly after. The oven simply will not heat now - the user panel works fine, I can set the temperature and the control panel "clicks" as if to send the message to the oven, but then nothing happens. It is a gas oven, so there is no glow from the ignitor, sound of gas flow, or ignition. The broil function does not work either. The burners work fine.

I tried switching it off at the breaker for a few minutes, no luck. I checked the back of the unit and cannot find a thermal reset switch either.

This is so odd - it was working fine and then all of a sudden it's quit on me in the span of two hours. There are no error codes showing up on the display. Any help?

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

so there is no glow from the ignitor, sound of gas flow, or ignition.
That is the first place to start, check with a volt meter....is the ignitor getting power or not getting power when the control is set to operate the oven.

LINK> http://www.applianceaid.com/gas-range-repair-help.php#glow

No power there and the clock/control is suspect.
Power there but no red glow and the ignitor itself is suspect.

jeff.

shellebelle

Premium Member
I unfortunately don't have a volt meter, but fortunately have dealt with a bad ignitor in a previous oven so I'm familiar with the symptoms of those going bad. I'm suspecting the control board here because the oven has been completely fine up until I went to use it for the second time today - do those control boards simply just go bad in an instant?

jeff1

Staff member

jeff1

Staff member
Thankx for the update :)

jeff.