• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FFHN2750TS Repeated False High Temp Alert - New Frigidaire

mondoguitar

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHN2750TS
Brand
Frigidaire
My father bought us this Frigidaire 36" refrigerator as a Christmas gift. It was a floor model seemingly in great cosmetic shape for a great price. Ever since we've had it, it keeps giving repeated FALSE HIGH TEMP alerts every 5-10 days randomly. The actual temperature in the fridge is always cool where it's supposed to be, but the high temp alert always displays a temperature of 14/15/16 Celsius, 59F.

We've had a repair guy here 3 times now under warranty. He's replaced the temperature sensor, the entire circuit board, and it is still giving this annoying beep out of the blue. Nothing specific seems to trigger it. It can happen right after closing the fridge or at 3AM in the morning.

A really simple issue you'd think, but it's becoming a massive headache.

VIDEO: Beep happens about 0:19 into the clip.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Possibly a short in that user interface board, have them replace that too.

Jake

mondoguitar

Premium Member
We've been battling with Frigidaire and the place of purchase for months now. Finally, they said our first fridge was "non-repairable". The control board or user interface board was never replaced, they refused to do it.

They made us pay for their newest model french door refrigerator ($400 more). It was just delivered yesterday morning. Today, it starts giving a "high temp" false alarm again! Frustrating as hell. Have no idea how to proceed after this. Two different refrigerators, two identical problems. What are the odds? I've read hundreds of reviews on this exact model fridge, I can't find another customer with this issue.

Any ideas at all on how to proceed?

PS. This newest refrigerator is the FGHN2868TF. Identical to our first fridge, it just has a different color control board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is just too weird, Your right! What are the chances??? LOL!!!

It has to be some kind of Radio Interference, or microwave interference, or cordless phone interference.

Lots of cell and cordless phones use the 900mhz.

Also I would check to see if any new cell phone, radio or tv towers have recently been built in your area.

Also check your neighborhood to see if maybe a new ham radio operator has set-up his rig recently or did work on it.

Jake

mondoguitar

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. Even with this relatively, less complex model?

We specifically chose a basic fridge so we wouldn't have these kinds of issues with their built-in electronics. We just need the refrigerator to keep our food cold. All these alerts designed to make life easier, are making it much more frustrating. From November to March we've had a beeping refrigerator and Frigidaire has refused to fix, refused to refund and made us purchase an "upgraded" model.

I'll do some investigating now that I know it can't possibly be two faulty refrigerators with the same issue. I've even read hundreds of reviews on these models. Not one other complaint I can find about beeping.

Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So no Radio interference? No musical instructment/amp/studio recording signal interference?

Jake