FFHN2750TS0 Frigidaire Refrigerator ice maker not working.

janz3n

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHN2750TS0
Brand
Frigidaire
this fridge came with a new house i bought a year and a half ago. ice maker is in the freezer. ive tried to get the icemaker to work since new but havent had luck so i just put it off. ive turned the water supply on at the wall, flipped the switch down but no water flows out ever. ive tried unplugging and resetting the fridge with no luck. ive removed the water line to make sure i have water to the valve which i do. ive disconnected the three water lines at the valves, only line that had water in it was the supply to the filter. i tried blowing into the supply line with the return from the filter disconnected and had some water come out. should this be hard to blow air through? i also removed the filter and tried blowing into the supply with no luck. checked to make sure icemaker was plugged in inside the freezer and it is.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Make sure all the lines are connected. Set your meter to AC volts. Connect your meter to the brown coil on the water valve. Go in through the back of the connector. If your meter leads are too big use this trick
safety pin 500x250.jpg

Remove the cover on the ice maker. Use a screwdriver to slowly turn the white drive gear clockwise until the holding switch circuit is complete (about 3 or 4 gear teeth is all). The ice maker will start a harvest cycle. Close the freezer door. If the ice maker does not start a harvest cycle disconnect the ice maker connector and check for 120 VAC in the connector.
R- frigidaire ice maker.jpg

At the end of the harvest cycle is the fill cycle. The ice maker sends 120 VAC to the water valve for about 7 seconds. Your meter should indicate 120 VAC. Does your refrigerator have a water dispenser? I don't think it does.

janz3n

Premium Member
i turned the gear to the harvest cycle and closed the door. a few minutes later i heard the fridge make a noise, im guessing was water flowing and air in the lines. kind of scared me.. confirmed water has go to the filter since i removed it and water came out, never did that before. so i turned the gear again to harvest cycle and it filled the tray. i swear i did this a couple times today and this never happened since i did rear about it. either way thanks so much.. i just have to confirm everything else works once the cubes freeze.

rickgburton

Staff member

janz3n

Premium Member
yes, TS0.

i need a part? but its working?

i checked the ice after a few minutes and it was freezing then 45min later its water again. not even sure how thats possible. i think i did something because i got excited and was opening the door a bunch. so i reset to harvest cycle again and it filled the tray again. i'll leave it over night and see what happens.

rickgburton

Staff member
Here's the deal my friend, so far you haven't fixed anything yet. The ice maker will stop again in maybe a week, maybe a day, maybe in a couple hours. There could be a sticky microswitch in the ice maker or a groove worn into the bail arm (on/off). Both common problems. But it's probably a flakey thermostat. The thermostat inside the housing needs to reach a set temperature before it closes and completes the holding switch circuit. That starts the harvest cycle. That thermostat internal contacts wear out so you get wide swings in temp, or intermittent stop and go, maybe it will work, maybe it won't.
'

janz3n

Premium Member
i got ice this morning, although the ice wasnt in the tray, it was sitting on top of the ice maker and there was new ice in the ice maker. figured the tray would be full of ice by this morning.
how is it possible that this ice maker is faulty without ever being used?

janz3n

Premium Member
The water will freeze in the ice maker then I check it after a few minutes and it turns back to liquid.

rickgburton

Staff member
after a few minutes and it turns back to liquid.
Is there a cooling problem in the freezer? Are you sure it wasn't just another fill cycle? Did the ice maker dump the ice that was in there?

janz3n

Premium Member
dont believe theres a cooling problem. i read up on how the icemaker works and it heats up to loosen the ice to get them out. i think thats whats happening. so in the last 10 -12 hours its made two cycles with the last one just now as i woke up. so its seems to be working but really slow. unless its normal to take this long?

rickgburton

Staff member
...it heats up to loosen the ice to get them out.
When the ejector rake goes around it closes a microswitch that completes the circuit for the heater. The rake stalls on the ice cubes until the heater loosens them enough and the rake pushes them out of the mold. This also causes the thermostat to open and breaks the heater circuit.
...in the last 10 -12 hours its made two cycles....so its seems to be working but really slow. unless its normal
it's probably a flakey thermostat. The thermostat inside the housing needs to reach a set temperature before it closes and completes the holding switch circuit. That starts the harvest cycle. That thermostat internal contacts wear out so you get wide swings in temp, or intermittent stop and go, maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

janz3n

Premium Member
Ok. My question still stands. How does this part fail when it hasn't been used?

janz3n

Premium Member
I set the quick ice button last night. Woke up to a flooded freezer. Lifted the switch up and it kept dumping water , turned the water off and I can still hear the valve opening. I give up.

rickgburton

Staff member
So the ice maker kept going and going and not stopping to let the water freeze? Sounds like you need a new ice maker. Link is in post 5.

janz3n

Premium Member
So the ice maker kept going and going and not stopping to let the water freeze? Sounds like you need a new ice maker. Link is in post 5.
Yes. It filled the bucket then over flowed into the bottom of the freezer. Not worth replacing the ice maker. Ive got by fine without it for over a year. Next fridge will have a door water and ice dispenser.