FFHS2311LBNA Frigidaire Refrigerator will dispense water on its own

Phill Lang

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHS2311LBNA
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello,
I have a frigidare model FFHS2311LBNA, serial 4A53610567. It stop dispensing water last night.
I changed the filter, ran 2 gallons of water through the filter and it started working fine. Then it started to dispense water on its own randomly.

I have not been able to catch it as it is dispensing to see if the inlet valve is bad. I did replace them last year.

Then it sound like there is air in the system. I tried running more water through thinking it needed clearing out. That did not stop the sound. It make a noise after dispensing water and it will trickle out for about 3 seconds and make a charging sound before shutting off.

I have tried looking through the forums and did not find an answer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Phill

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Phill Lang said:
Then it started to dispense water on its own randomly
Every time the ice maker cycled through a harvest cycle and went into the fill cycle, water filled the ice maker and ran out the dispenser at the same time. Your machine uses an isolation coil and a set of diodes to control the voltage to the coils. The diodes are in the wire harness. The wire harness shows out of stock at one parts site and discontinued on another one. No problem, this will work:

You shouldn't have any problems installing it. If you do let me know. Here's how to connect them.
R-EW23CS Isolation Diodes.jpg

Phill Lang

Premium Member
Ok I'll give it a try. Thank you for your time. I'll get it ordered installed and let you.

Thank you again for your time!

Phill

Phill Lang

Premium Member
Ok I have the diode installed. The frig is still dispensing water. It is dispensing half the amount of water. Any ideas?
Thanks again,
Phill

Phill Lang

Premium Member
Yes, It is dispensing on its own. I let it run yesterday after installing the new diode. I turned on the water this morning and it dispensed water 10 mins later. It is dispensing water in a much smaller amount. I have attached a picture of the diode installed. I hope the picture helps. Thanks Phill
IMG_4700.JPG

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That looks correct. The water valve for the dispenser must be stuck open or not closed all the way. When the ice maker calls for water only the isolation coil and ice maker coil are getting voltage but because the dispenser part is stuck open water goes out both sides. One way to check it is to disconnect the line under the yellow dispenser coil, hold the valve over a bowl, and force cycle the ice maker. At the end of the harvest cycle the ice maker calls for water. If water comes out the dispenser coil it's stuck open.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
To manually cycle the ice maker: Remove the ice maker front plastic cover, it just unsnaps off, then turn that gear in the front of it in the direction of the arrow, just turn it a little bit till you start seeing it move on its on.

Jake