FFHS2611PFEA Frigidaire (French Door) Freezer not freezing properly, Fridge works

Mfarar

Premium Member
Model Number
FFHS2611PFEA
Brand
Frigidaire
Freezer not working properly, fridge works fine. Meat is frozen but the ice cream melted. Compressor runs, compressor fans is working, coils have been cleaned. Freezer door seals properly, frost pattern doesn't suggest that the defrost heater is malfunctioning. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Mfarar

Premium Member
Side note: I hooked everything back up with the panels put back in place and I'm leaving it running for 24 hours and I'll take a photo of the frost pattern at that point

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes please take a photo of your evaporator coil so we can see the frost pattern, sounds like possibly a sealed system problem.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, its a sealed system problem.

The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions.

Check your owners manual warranty, some models have up to a 5 yr. parts and labor warranty on the sealed system.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Mfarar.

Jake